Small Public Group Tour
Combine the world's largest trading center for plants and flowers, the Royal Flower Auction, with a visit to Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle. This small public group tour of max. 7 travelers departs from Amsterdam Central Station.Tour Description
The Royal Flower Auction starts early in the morning, so our air-conditioned vehicle departs at 6:30 am from Amsterdam Central Station. You have the option to add hotel pick-up in Amsterdam to your booking, if you find the station too far or too difficult to reach.
But it's worth to be there early to experience the hustle & bustle of the floor of the flower auction hall! And although nowadays a lot of trading is done online, you still see traders bidding against the auction clock. Enjoy a live-guided tour in English from a special gallery and learn about the flower industry. After the tour you have some free time to take pictures or shop at the souvenir shop, before making the 30-45 minute transfer to Muiden, the quaint town where the castle is located. Walk with your guide for 5 minutes along the Vecht river and visit an authentic Dutch 'Old Brown Cafe' to enjoy a (included) cup of coffee, tea or hot coco. Then it's time to experience Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle, which has opened by the time we arrive.
This real medieval castle is one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles in the Netherlands and comes with a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge. The castle is over 700 years old and surrounded by water and beautiful historical gardens. Discover its secrets, with included admission and a live-guided tour. After the tour you have some free time to explore the historical gardens on your own, where vegetables from earlier times and herbs for all sorts of purposes are grown. Meet with your guide again for the drive back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour (around 12:30 pm).
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Professional, friendly guide
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admissions: Royal FloraHolland & Amsterdam Castle
• Royal FloraHolland: live-guided tour in English
• Amsterdam Castle: live-guided tour in English (audio-tour in Spanish, German, Italian, French, Hebrew, Russian and Chinese)
• 'Old brown' cafe experience incl. beverage -only when booked directly on this website
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 129
• Senior (age 65+) € 119
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 119
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € 10 p.p. (children free)
• Booking engine closing time: 8 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• 6:30 am departure from Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
• Pick-up & drop-off optional
• Pick-up (if booked) is between 6:00 - 6:45 am -exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 6 hrs
• Group size: max 7 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with children younger than 8? Check out our private tour
• Available all year around on weekdays; Thursday and holidays closed