Small Group Experience
Combine the world's largest trading center for plants and flowers, the Royal Flower Auction, with a visit to Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle. This small public group tour of max. 7 travelers departs from Amsterdam Central Station.Tour Description
The Royal Flower Auction starts early in the morning, so our air-conditioned vehicle departs at 6:30 am from Amsterdam Central Station. You have the option to add hotel pick-up in Amsterdam to your booking, if you find the station too far or too difficult to reach.
But it's worth to be there early to experience the hustle & bustle of the floor of the flower auction hall! And although nowadays a lot of trading is done online, you still see traders bidding against the auction clock. Enjoy a live-guided tour in English from a special gallery and learn about the flower industry. After the tour you have some free time to take pictures or shop at the souvenir shop, before making the 30-45 minute transfer to Muiden, the quaint town where the castle is located. Walk with your guide for 5 minutes along the Vecht river and visit an authentic Dutch 'Old Brown Cafe' to enjoy a (included) cup of coffee, tea or hot coco. Then it's time to experience Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle, which has opened by the time we arrive.
This real medieval castle is one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles in the Netherlands and comes with a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge. The castle is over 700 years old and surrounded by water and beautiful historical gardens. Discover its secrets, with included admission and a live-guided tour. After the tour you have some free time to explore the historical gardens on your own, where vegetables from earlier times and herbs for all sorts of purposes are grown. Meet with your guide again for the drive back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour (around 12:30 pm).
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Departure from Amsterdam Central Station
- Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam optional
- Professional and friendly guide
- All admissions: Royal FloraHolland & Amsterdam Castle
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live-guided tour of the flower auction in English
- Live-guided tour of the castle in English
- Audio-tour of the castle available in German, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, Hebrew and Chinese
- Coffee, tea of hot coco at brown cafe
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Opportunity to escape mass tourism with this unique experience
- Tour departs at 6:30 am from Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
- Duration of the complete tour: 6 hours
- Maximum group size is 7 travelers
- Tour guide is also the driver
- Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with children younger than 8? Check out our private experience to the Flower Auction & Amsterdam Castle
- Adult (age 12 - 64) € 119
- Senior € 109
- Child € 109
- Hotel pick-up & drop off € 10 per person
- Booking engine closing time: 12 hours before the tour
- 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger (at least 24 hours before the tour)
to let us know you aren't joining
- The flower auction is closed in the weekends and during the holidays
Use the messenger on this page, check our FAQ page or contact us directly.Interested in turning this half-day tour in a full day tour?
Check out our other small group tours that visit the Flower Auction and Amsterdam Castle!
What our travelers say about our tours