Our small country is internationally known for its flowers. Not a surprise, given that the Netherlands controls sixty percent of the global flower trade. This tour, available only from January until March, is all about the Dutch flower industry. At Royal FloraHolland you see how flowers and plants from all over the world are auctioned and processed. A visit to two tulip farms shows you how tulip farmers in Holland grow tulips the traditional way.
Start your private experience comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the region to visit Royal FloraHolland, the largest trading center for plants and flowers in the world. This is where flowers and plants arrive daily to be auctioned early in the morning.
Upon arrival, set off on a live-guided tour in English from a special gallery, exclusive for your party. Experience the hustle & bustle of the flower processing floor while you slowly make your way to the auction room. Although nowadays a lot of trading is done online, you still see traders bidding against the auction clock. After the tour -you have some time to take more pictures or to make a stop in the souvenir shop- it’s time for the transfer to Heemskerk.
Here tulip farms grow and cultivate tulips on large fields and in greenhouses. Professionals in the flower industry, from all over the world, visit these tulip farms for their quality tulips. As more tulip factories that grow tulips on crates emerge, the farms that grow tulips the traditional way are slowly dying out. And you have the opportunity to have a look behind the scenes of these farms that grow tulips using traditional methods.
Enjoy a live-guided tour in English and visit two traditional tulip nurseries. A minivan is used to transfer between the two farms. Discover how tulips are grown and cultivated using traditional methods in order to get tulips of the best quality. A brief movie about the processing of tulips gives you more insight about the industry. Finally, a visit to the sand fields where the tulips are grown makes the tour complete. Then it's time for the transfer to your drop-off address.
The tulip farms have only recently started accommodating visitors. Go off the beaten tracks and become one of the first international visitors!
The drop-off address can be different from the pick-up address. A private exprience is perfect as you also have your transportation included (e.g. to Schiphol Airport).Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop-off in the region
• Professional, friendly guide
• All admissions
• Flower Auction: live-guided tour exclusive for your party
• Tulip Farms: live-guided tour exclusive for your party
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Coffee/tea and Dutch snack
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 190 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 137 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 111 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 95 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 84 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 77 p.p.
• Child (age 4 - 11) € 49
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Pick-up time is ± 6:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Exact pick-up time is communicated the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 5 to 6 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Infant seats available
• Available January - March
• Also available as small public group tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly