Learn all about the Second World War and the Netherlands with a guided tour to nazi concentration camp Kamp Amersfoort. Continue to Airborne Museum Villa Hartenstein, the former headquarters of the British Airborne Troops to learn about the Battle of Arnhem and operation Market Garden.Tour Description
Start your private experience comfortably, as your guide picks you up to start your tour. The first stop of the day is Kamp Amersfoort, a nazi concentration camp and originally a transit camp. But the camp also served as a penal camp and labor camp. In the early days there were many Jewish prisoners, but Kamp Amersfoort was also used to detain political prisoners (red triangle), professional criminals (green triangle), Jehovah's witnesses (purple triangle) and homophiles (pink triangle). Hundreds of people died in the camp and 20,200 prisoners were transported from Amersfoort to camps in Germany.
Although the camp was completely dismantled after the war, in 2004 a beautiful, modest memorial site was realized. Set off on a guided tour and walk with your professional and friendly guide to various monuments and the remains of the camp. Learn about the insights of this camp, the Second World War and the Netherlands.
The next stop is Oosterbeek, home to Villa Hartenstein that is now the Airborne Museum. The villa has a long history and served different purposes. In 1728 it started as an inn and in 1944 British Major General Urquhart picked Hartenstein hotel as the British Airborne Troops’ headquarters. This hotel, which is now the museum, was the British retreat base. The area surrounding the Hartenstein hotel was subjected to heavy combat because it was closely located to the British headquarters. The British stood their ground and Major General Urquhart kept leading his troops from Hartenstein. Discover the museum and learn about the Battle of Arnhem and operation Market Garden.
After having an impactful experience, it's time for the transfer back to your drop-off address.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in the region
• Professional and friendly guide
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission Kamp Amersfoort
• Live-guided tour of Kamp Amersfoort in English, exclusive for your party
• Admission Airborne Museum Villa Hartenstein
• Water and apples
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• Tailored to your interests and preferences
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 216 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 156 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 126 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 109 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 97 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 88 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11) € 39
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 8 hours before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour -this gives enough time to check the weather forecast and cancel if necessary
• Pick-up time is calculated from Amsterdam and adjusted to your location accordingly
• Exact pick-up time is communicated once the pick-up address is known
• Duration of complete tour: 6 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Complimentary use of infant / child car seat(s)
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Available Tuesday - Friday & Sunday, all year around
• Only available as private tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly