Cities & Villages 🇳🇱 🇧🇪 🇩🇪
It’s easy to get caught in Amsterdam with its beautiful canals, but our local guide Karel, born and raised in Amsterdam, shows you the city through his eyes and takes you on an in-depth walking tour and a hands-on coffeeshop experience. Oh, you already know Amsterdam? Well, there are many more great cities and villages in and outside the Netherlands that are waiting for you to be explored!
Why not planning a day extra in Amsterdam and book a private or public tour that goes to the rivalry city of Rotterdam? Or join us to the quaint village of Edam, which cheese market largely determines the city’s economy already since the 16th century. Another great place to explore is the Royal City of Delft, known for its typical Delft Blue pottery.
Or, why not even tick another country off your list? Both Belgium and Germany have much to offer, already right across the border. Going to Germany or Belgium for a day is a time consuming and expensive undertaking by train. If at all you can get there by train now in these different times. No need to worry about that with our full day tours as our guide takes you on a journey crossing the border!
Cities & Villages - PRIVATE TOURS
Our 24-hr free cancelation policy applies to all tours. Just click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly.
Pick-up & drop-off in the Randstad
Itinerary tailored to your interests
Your own private guide
One household = max 6 travelers
Two households = max 4 travelers
Infants free w/ free use of car seat
Our public tours depart from Amsterdam
Red Light & Coffeeshops
• Meet local guide Karel, born and raised in Amsterdam, at the National Monument on Dam Square in Amsterdam for a journey by foot through the old city center. Look to the city through his eyes and learn about the city's history, people, culture and community
• Visit De Wallen, the infamous Red Light District, at times when it is the least crowded and gain perspectives on Dutch pragmatism. And to satisfy your curiosity Karel takes you for a hands-on coffeeshop experience where he explains the Dutch approach to cannabis
Kayak Tour & Giethoorn
• Weerribben Wieden is the largest low peat bog area in North-West Europe and considered by many as one of the most extraordinary areas in the Netherlands. Explore the labyrinth of quiet waterways of this national park by kayak or canoe 🛶 a route of ± 1.5 hours
• Continue to Giethoorn, known as the famous village without roads or Venice of the North. Embark on a 1-hr private tour by electrical whisper boat. After all, it is the main mode of transportation. After the boat tour you have some personal time to explore this water village by foot
Venice of the North
• Watch the Dutch landscape, as flat as a pancake, pass by while you make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque Giethoorn. There's no better way to experience the marvellous views of the farmhouses in Giethoorn than from the water. After all, this village has no roads!
• Embark on your own private whisper boat and have your guide show you Giethoorn or opt to sail the whisper boat yourself. After the 1-hr boat tour you have some personal time to continue your explorations in the village 🧀
Orchid Farm & Giethoorn
• On the way to Giethoorn, or ‘Venice of the North’, stop at the Orchideeënhoeve (Orchid Farm), a magnificent indoor jungle with different tropical gardens and greenhouses. Surround yourself with thousands of flowers 🌸 in the fairytale SkyFlora Garden that was inspired by the Japanese cherry blossom season
• Once in Giethoorn, embark on a private whisper boat and enjoy a 1-hr tour of the village, passing by gorgeous farmhouses; each built on its own little island that can be reached by bridge or boat only
Edam & Volendam
Dam Country Side
• The first stop of the day is Edam, a quaint, red-roofed village in the aptly named region of Waterland. With its rich history in cheese and shipbuilding, Edam has a lot to offer! You learn all about this and more during a private guided walking tour
• Continue to Volendam and discover this fishing village with a private guided walking tour through the quaint streets and along the famous Dyke. Discover what it is exactly that makes Volendam so popular. And while in Volendam, tasting herring should not be missed!
Rotterdam & the Harbor
• Discover Rotterdam, the Dutch city with international allure and known for its innovative architecture and impressive skyline. Set off on a walking tour passing by the Old Harbor in the Maritime District with its beautiful historical ships and the ‘forest’ of 38 cube-shaped apartments on hexagonal pylons.
• Enjoy some personal time at the Markthal, one of the city’s signature buildings, to grab a bite before heading to the harbor for a cruise in one of the largest sea ports in the world
Delft & Rotterdam
The Old vs the New
• Start the day with Delft, a city not only famous for Johannes Vermeer, Delft Blue pottery and the Royal Family, but also for the beautiful city hall in the former historical Waag located on the market square in the heart of the city. Enjoy a private guided walking tour, ending at a small certified family shop for a live-demonstration on the traditional making of authentic Delft Blue Pottery
• Next is Rotterdam, where you first embark on a harbor cruise before walking to Rotterdam's iconic Markthal for some personal time to grab a bite or to continue your explorations
KINDERDIJK & DELFT
WINDMILLS & ROYAL CITY
• Interested in authentic windmills and Royal Blue Pottery? This is the place to be! This private tour explores first world heritage site Kinderdijk with its nineteen windmills that are inhabited by millers and their families . There are a few that are open to the public. Climb the stairs inside one and see for yourself how water and wind are harvested
• Next is Delft, the Royal City of the Netherlands' Founding Father William of Orange. Set off on a walking tour and enjoy a live-demonstration on Delft Blue Pottery. And perhaps taste some delicious Dutch 🧀
Ghent, Belgium 🇧🇪
• No hassles with expensive and time-consuming trains to visit Belgium! Just have your own private guide take you to beautiful medieval city of Ghent for a day
• Upon arrival in Ghent, discover this radiant city with a private guided walking tour. After the tour you have personal time to discover the city and all its beauty. Have a look the most frequently stolen painting in the world that was featured in the movie Monuments Men, 'The adoration of the mystic lamb', visit the medieval castle of Gravensteen 🏰 or taste the delicious local stew!
Antwerp, Belgium 🇧🇪
Sinjoren and Pagadders
• No hassles with expensive and time-consuming trains to visit Belgium! Right across the border with Belgium is Antwerp. Under Emperor Charles V, it was the most important trading city in Europe north of the Alps
• Upon arrival in Antwerp, discover this radiant city with a private guided walking tour and learn about its historical significance. Continue your explorations in your personal time in the city as there is so much to do, see and taste. Visit the diamond district, have a look at the Rubens paintings in the Cathedral and the train station (check out the flashmob further down this page!) or indulge yourself in the local cuisine and have some mussels!
Rotterdam & Keukenhof
Innovation all the way
• Discover Rotterdam first, an important sea port city and the second largest city in the Netherlands. Embark on a harbor cruise and be amazed by the innovative architecture
• Continue to Lisse, home to Keukenhof spring flower park that is known as Europe's Garden. Sset off on a private orientation stroll to get acquainted with the park; after all, with its 79 acres of flowers it's one of the largest flower gardens in the world
• After the stroll you have over four hours to explore the park on your own in your own pace
• Only available in Spring
Cities & Villages - Public Tours
All small public group tours on this page are corona-proof and include hotel pick-up and drop-off in Amsterdam.
As we confirm each booking personally, you can select 'no pick-up' in the booking engines.
Max group size is 4 travelers
Incl pick-up & drop-off Amsterdam
Min age for participation is 8 years
Always a 24-hr free cancelation policy
Corona-proof with social distancing
Senior discounts available
Perfect if you travel solo or as duo
If you stay in Amsterdam
Edam & Volendam | Countryside Tour
Visit Edam first, where you set off on a walking tour to learn all about its radiant history. Enjoy some personal time to wander around, before traveling overland to Volendam. Discover this fishing village with a guided info stroll along the famous Dyke and taste some herring!
BOOK NOW € 129
Small Public Tour
All year around
Giethoorn | Venice of the North
Travel overland to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque Giethoorn, to experience this village without roads from the water. Take in the amazing views of the beautiful farmhouses, each located on its own little island. Embark on a canal cruise and enjoy some personal time to wander around. Try herring, discover the gemstone museum or visit the cheese shop!
BOOK NOW € 109
March - November
Small Public Tour
Delft & Rotterdam | The Old vs the New
In 1940 Discover Delft with a walking tour and learn about the city's important role in Dutch history. When in Delft a live-demonstration on how Delft Blue pottery traditionally is made cannot be missed! Next is Rotterdam, where you embark on a harbor cruise to experience this innovative city and its amazing skyline 🌇 from the water and to see the ultra-modern handling of sea containers.
BOOK NOW € 129
All year around
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
Tours by Theme Here's How It Works
Select the tour that you'd like to join, choose the date and follow the booking engine
Finish your booking by credit card or Paypal and receive your booking confirmation in your email inbox
No need to do anything! We contact you within 24 hours after booking (email or SMS) to go over the details