It’s easy to get caught in Amsterdam with its beautiful canals, but our local guide Karel, born and raised in Amsterdam, shows you the city through his eyes and takes you on an in-depth walking tour and a hands-on coffeeshop experience. Oh, you already know Amsterdam? Well, there are many more great cities and villages in and outside the Netherlands that are waiting for you to be explored!
Why not planning a day extra in Amsterdam and book a private or public tour that goes to the rivalry city of Rotterdam? Or join us to the quaint village of Edam, which cheese market largely determines the city’s economy already since the 16th century. Another great town to explore with Tulip Day Tours is the 'Royal City' of Delft, known for its typical Delft Blue pottery.
Or, why not even tick another country off your list? Both Belgium and Germany have much to offer, already right across the border. Going to Germany or Belgium for a day is a time consuming and expensive undertaking by train. If at all you can get there by train now in these different times. No need to worry about that with our full day tours as our guide takes you on a journey crossing the border!
Cities & Villages - PRIVATE TOURS
Our 24-hr free cancelation policy applies to all tours. Just click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly.
✔️ Your own private guide
✔️ Max six travelers (one household) or four travelers (two households)
✔️ incl. pick-up & drop-off in the region -incl. Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Haarlem, Almere or anywhere in between
✔️ infants free with complimentary use of car seat(s)
✔️ itinerary tailored to your interests
• Meet local guide Karel, born and raised in Amsterdam, at the National Monument on Dam Square in Amsterdam for a journey by foot through the old city center. Look to the city through his eyes and learn about the city's history, people, culture and community
• Visit De Wallen, the infamous Red Light District, at times when it is the least crowded and gain perspectives on Dutch pragmatism. And to satisfy your curiosity Karel takes you for a hands-on coffeeshop experience where he explains the Dutch approach to cannabis
Kayak National Park & Giethoorn
• Kayak in Weerribben Wieden, the largest low peat bog area in North-West Europe and considered by many as one of the most extraordinary areas in the Netherlands. Explore this national park by kayak or canoe 🛶
• Continue to Giethoorn, the famous village without roads, for a private whisper boat tour. After all, Giethoorn should be experienced from the water as it is the main mode of transportation
Venice of the North
• Watch the Dutch landscape, as flat as a pancake, pass by while you make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque Giethoorn. There's no better way to experience the marvellous views of the farmhouses in Giethoorn than from the water. After all, this village has no roads!
• Embark on your own private whisper boat and have your guide show you Giethoorn or opt to sail the whisper boat yourself. After the 1-hr boat tour you have some personal time to explore the gemstone museum, taste herring or 🧀
Orchid Farm & Giethoorn
• On the way to Giethoorn, or ‘Venice of the North’, stop at the Orchideeënhoeve (Orchid Farm), a magnificent indoor jungle with different tropical gardens and greenhouses. Surround yourself with thousands of flowers 🌸 in the fairytale SkyFlora Garden that was inspired by the Japanese cherry blossom season
• Visit Giethoorn next and embark your own private whisper boat to sail through the village canals passing by all the gorgeous farmhouses, each on its own little island
Edam & Volendam
Dam Country Side
• Visit first the quaint village Edam, famous for its cheese, and set off on a walking tour to learn all about the radiant history of this red-roofed village
• Continue to Volendam and discover this fishing village with a private guided walking tour through the quaint streets and along the famous Dyke. While in Volendam, tasting herring cannot be missed!
Rotterdam & the Harbor
• Discover Rotterdam, the second largest city of the Netherlands and internationally known for its innovative architecture and impressive skyline
• Set off on a walking tour and learn what happened in Rotterdam during and after the Second World War. Next stop is at the river, where you embark on a harbor cruise and watch the ultra-modern handling of thousands of containers in one of the world's largest sea ports
Delft & Rotterdam
The Old vs the New
• Enjoy first a tour of Delft, a city not only famous for Johannes Vermeer and Delft Blue pottery, but also for the beautiful city hall in the former historical Waag located on the market square
• Watch a live-demonstration and see how Delft Blue is made traditionally. Next is Rotterdam Harbor, where you embark a harbor cruise. Finally, the walking tour passing by the historical ships ends at the iconic market hall, where you have some personal time to grab a bite!
KINDERDIJK & DELFT
WINDMILLS & ROYAL CITY
• Interested in authentic windmills and Royal Blue Pottery? This is the place to be! This private tour explores world heritage site Kinderdijk with its nineteen windmills that are inhabited by millers and their families first. There are a few that are open to the public
• Next is Delft, the Royal City of the Netherlands' Founding Father William Orange, for a walking tour and a Delft Blue Pottery live-demonstration. And perhaps taste some delicious Dutch 🧀
• Available until November
Ghent, Belgium 🇧🇪
• No hassles with expensive and time-consuming trains to visit Belgium! Just have your own private guide take you to beautiful medieval city of Ghent for a day
• Upon arrival in Ghent, discover this radiant city with a private guided walking tour and learn about its historical significance. After the tour you have personal time to discover the city and all its beauty. Have a look the most frequently stolen painting in the world that was featured in the movie Monuments Men, 'The adoration of the mystic lamb', visit the medieval castle of Gravensteen 🏰 or taste the delicious local stew!
Antwerp, Belgium 🇧🇪
Sinjoren and Pagadders
• No hassles with expensive and time-consuming trains to visit Belgium! Right across the border with Belgium is Antwerp. Under Emperor Charles V, it was the most important trading city in Europe north of the Alps
• Upon arrival in Antwerp, discover this radiant city with a private guided walking tour and learn about its historical significance. Continue your explorations in your personal as there is so much to do, see and taste. Visit the diamond district, have a look at the Rubens paintings in the Cathedral and the train station (check out the flashmob further down this page!) or indulge yourself in the local cuisine and have some mussels!
Cities & Villages - Public Tours
All small public group tours on this page are corona-proof and include hotel pick-up and drop-off in Amsterdam.
As we confirm each booking personally, you can select no pick-up when you book a tour.
✔️ max group size is 4 travelers
✔️ incl. hotel pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam, only when booked directly on this website
✔️ min age for participation is 8 years
✔️ always a 24-hr free cancelation policy and an instant full refund with just one click
✔️ corona-proof with social distancing guaranteed
✔️ senior discounts available
✔️ perfect if you travel solo or as duo
✔️ if you stay in Amsterdam
Edam & Volendam | Countryside Tour
Visit Edam first, where you set off on a walking tour to learn all about its radiant history. Enjoy some personal time to wander around, before traveling overland to Volendam. Discover this fishing village with a guided info stroll along the famous Dyke and taste some herring!
BOOK NOW € 129
Small Public Tour
All year around
Giethoorn | Venice of the North
Travel overland to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque Giethoorn, to experience this village without roads from the water. Take in the amazing views of the beautiful farmhouses, each located on its own little island. Embark on a canal cruise and enjoy some personal time to wander around. Try herring, discover the gemstone museum or visit the cheese shop!
BOOK NOW € 109
March - November
Small Public Tour
Delft & Rotterdam | The Old vs the New
In 1940 Discover Delft with a walking tour and learn about the city's important role in Dutch history. When in Delft a live-demonstration on how Delft Blue pottery traditionally is made cannot be missed! Next is Rotterdam, where you embark on a harbor cruise to experience this innovative city and its amazing skyline 🌇 from the water and to see the ultra-modern handling of sea containers.
BOOK NOW € 129
All year around
Read what our travelers say about our tours!