Visit Clara Maria first, an authentic cheese house farm located in the polders southwest of Amsterdam, for a cheese making experience. Continue to one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles in the Netherlands, Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle, for a guided tour to live the tale of its long and turbulent history that goes back over 700 years.Tour Description
As this is a private experience, you can enjoy the comfort of pick-up to start your tour to the polders southwest of Amsterdam. This is the location of Clara Maria, a beautiful cheese farm, where in the former stables delicious Gouda cheese and traditional wooden clogs are still made using traditional methods.
Watch a personal demonstration on how real farmhouse cheese is traditionally made and taste the different flavors of the delicious cheeses. Then it's time to get your hand dirty and make your own cheese. Enjoy coffee or tea and homemade apple pie, before making the 40-minute transfer to Muiden. This quaint village is home to Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle; a well preserved, medieval castle with a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge.
Discover the castle's secrets, with included admission and live-guided tour in English exclusive for your party (audio-tour in other languages available*). Learn about medieval castle life and the Dutch 17th century. After the tour you have some free time to continue your own exploration in the castle, or to discover the beautiful, historical gardens where they grow vegetables from earlier times and herbs for all sorts of purposes. Meet with your guide again for the transfer back to your drop-off address.
* With respect to the wealth the Dutch colonial history gained, many speak about the Dutch Golden Age. With all its controversy, we choose not to use the term but instead speak about the Dutch 17th century. Hopefully others will follow in this #blm
* The audio-tour of the castle is available in German, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, Hebrew and Chinese.What's Included?
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Pick-up from (& drop off at) any address in the Amsterdam, Haarlem,
Zaandam, Zaandam, Utrecht, Almere, Leiden, Hilversum, Amstelveen or Schiphol Airport region
- Professional and friendly guide
- Admission to Rijksmuseum Amsterdam Castle
- Live-guided tour of the castle in English, exclusive for your party
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Free time at the castle
- Wooden clogs & cheese demonstrations
- Cheese Making Experience
- All taxes (incl. 21 & sales tax), fees and handling charges
- Private tour means flexibility with the itinerary and pick-up address
- Pick-up time is 9:15 am, but depends on your location
- Duration of complete tour: 6 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
- Infant seats available, let us know during check-out if you need any
- Tour guide is also the driver
- This experience is offered all year around except for April & May
- This experience
is only offered on this website -so we can skip the high commission rates to Online Travel Agencies
- 2 Adults, per person € 169
- 3 Adults, per person € 124
- 4 Adults, per person € 99
- 5 Adults, per person € 89
- 6 Adults, per person € 79
- 7 Adults, per person € 69
- Child (age 4-11) € 39
- Infant (age 0-3) Free
- Infant seat - Free
Use the messenger on this page, check our FAQ page or contact us directly.Interested in turning this half-day tour in a full day tour?
Check out our other tours that visit Amsterdam Castle!
- Booking engine closing time: 24 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we
- 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger (at least 24 hours before the tour)
to let us know you aren't joining
- The price in the booking engine is the total amount for all travelers