Now that corona has changed the world, carefree traveling seems not to be a given anymore. Before corona we could make travel plans and book tours without the need to wonder if you'd get your money back upon cancelation. But more important, we didn't have to worry about being infected with a (deadly) virus.
Now that borders are opening and life is slowly getting to the 'new normal' (whatever that is), tourism is also getting started #starttourism. Protocols are put in place to that people can go back to enjoying traveling by exploring and discovering the world. Or hopefully, our tiny country that we proudly call the Netherlands or Holland 🇳🇱
The corona protocol that we've put in place allows our travelers to enjoy our authentic, off-the-beaten path tours just as carefree as before corona. And at all times we guarantee our 24-hr free cancelation policy; at any moment, but up to 24 hours before the tour, click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly. So no need to worry about that.
Our adjustments do affect tour availability as group sizes are reduced. Moreover, some tours unavailable as we comply with our government's travel advice (e.g. Belgium), can't guarantee social distancing or because a venue has closed.
To see what's available when, just check the tours by season, by theme or check the booking engines of the respective tour that you want to book. For upcoming public tours departing from Amsterdam you can also have a look here.
When in doubt, just send us a message using the messenger on this page.
We are always happy to answer your questions.
Tulip Day Tours | Corona protocol
With respect to transportation and corona, we follow the adhere to the Royal Dutch Transport sector protocol* as
published on the website of the Dutch government**. In order to make our travelers feel as safe and
comfortable as possible we have added a number of measures of our own to the protocol, such as temperature checks and mandatory
use of anti-bacterial handgel.
• The maximum group size for private tours is six travelers, provided that they
form a household. Before the start of the tour Tulip Day Tours has to be notified in writing that
the travelers are a ‘household’, so that the guide can provide proof of this in case of possible
checks by community service officers;
• The maximum group size for private tours consisting of two households is four travelers,
one household per seating row in the vehicle. No written notification needed;
• The maximum group size for all small public group tours is four travelers: one travel party per row
in the vehicle - a travel party is a solo traveler or a duo/couple traveling together;
• Seating rows in our vehicles are separated by screens;
• All small public group tours include hotel pick-up & drop-off in the city of Amsterdam;
only when booked directly on this website;
• All private tours include pick-up & drop-off anywhere in the region;
• Each tour is tailored to the possibilities and challenges of that respective tour; if needed, guides
play with the timings in such a way that there’s enough space to enjoy the tour;
• Start times for all small public group tours remain the same as published on the respective
webpage. Start times for private tours are an indication and are reconfirmed
after booking based on traveler's pick-up address and preference;
• Travelers place their own luggage in the vehicle, get in and out of the vehicle themselves and
fasten their own seatbelts;
• Before boarding the vehicle the travelers must answer the guide's health questions related to
corona symptoms, undergo a temperature check with one of these fancy laser 🌡️ and use the provided anti-bacterial hand gel;
• While in the vehicle travelers must wear the provided face mask 😷 -this does not apply to private tours
consisting of one household;
• During all tours social distancing is maintained. As we use a tour guide
whisper system, travelers can wander off and still hear the guide clearly;
• Our vehicles are sanitized before, during and after each tour;
• At all times we guarantee our 24-hr free cancelation policy. At any given moment, but up to
24 hours before the tour, cancel with just one click and receive a full refund instantly.