Discover Delft, the Dutch City of William of Orange, ‘Father of the Nation’ of the Netherlands, and of Royal Delft Pottery. Continue to Rotterdam, an important sea port city located in the province of South Holland that has been the second largest city in the Netherlands for many years. The city is (inter)nationally known as a city of innovative architecture. This small public group tour of maximum four travelers departs from Amsterdam and includes hotel pick-up and drop-off.Tour Description
Upon arrival in Delft, set off on a walking tour and learn about Dutch history, Delft’s role in founding the Dutch East India Company (VOC) in 1602 and about the controversies of Dutch colonial history. And since Royal Delft is the only remaining pottery dating from the 17th century, a short live-demonstration on how Royal Delft is made cannot be missed. The walking tour ends at the market square (Markthal), the heart of the city, where you have some personal time for your own explorations or to grab a bite.
Meet with your guide to make the transfer to Rotterdam where you embark on a 75-min cruise in one of the largest seaports in the world; it is the best way to see how water shapes the cityscape of Rotterdam. Be amazed by the impressive skyline with imposing buildings, unique views of yards, docks, the ultramodern handling of thousands of containers, and steamship Rotterdam, the former flagship of the Holland America Line.
After the cruise set off on a walk to the market hall in the city center, one of the city’s signature buildings. Pass by the old Harbor in the Maritime District with its beautiful historical ships and walk through the ‘forest’ of 38 cube-shaped apartments on hexagonal pylons. Once at the market hall you have some personal time for your own explorations or to grab a bite. It's a great place to try all sorts of different foods. Try the famous fries at Bram Ladage or stroopwafels fresh from the iron. Then it's time for the transfer back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started your tour.
During the harbor cruise, explanations are in English, German and French by DVD-audio system.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam
• Private guide for the day
• 45-min walking tour of Delft in English
• 45 min walking tour of Rotterdam in English
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• 75-min harbor cruise
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Off-the-beaten track experience
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 129
• Senior (age 65+) € 119
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 119
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € free, just select 'no pick-up' in the booking engine
• Booking engine closes 12 hrs before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Pick-up time is between 9:00 - 9:30 am, exact pick-up time is communicated the day before the tour by 6:00 pm
• Duration of complete tour: 8 hrs
• Max group size is 4 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Corona-proof traveling
• Min age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with younger children or staying outside Amsterdam? Check out our private tours to Rotterdam and Delft
• Available all year around
• Full day Rotterdam tour is also available
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly