Discover the quaint fishing villages of Edam and Volendam. Set off on a live-guided walking tour in Edam and be amazed by its radiant history. Continue to Volendam for a guided stroll along the famous dyke.
Start your private experience comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the Amsterdam region (incl. Schiphol airport, Haarlem and Utrecht). The first stop of the day is Edam, a quaint, red-roofed village in the aptly named region of Waterland. With its rich history, Edam has more to offer than just cheese! What began as a settlement of farmers and fishermen in the 12th century, developed into a prosperous town well into the 17th century. Shipbuilding and cheese were important for this development.
Upon arrival, start with a guided walking tour. After the tour you have some personal time for your own explorations, before traveling overland to Volendam. Here you set off on a guided stroll through the quaint streets and enjoy the view of the small houses, canals and drawbridges. This fishing village has preserved centuries of tradition. Enjoy some personal time before making the transfer back to your drop-off address.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop-off anywhere in the Amsterdam region
• Professional, friendly guide
• Edam: 45-min walking tour in English
• Volendam: 1-hr walking tour in English
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Lunch pack during the corona crisis -so social contact can be avoided
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 212 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 147 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 114 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 94 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 81 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 72 p.p.
• Child (age 4 - 11) € 39
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 12 hours before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Pick-up time ± 10:00 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Duration of complete tour: 6 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Infant seats available (free)
• Available all year around
• Also available as small public group tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly