Small Public Tour from Amsterdam
Our small country is internationally known for its flowers. Not a surprise, given that the Netherlands controls sixty percent of the global flower trade. This tour, available all year around on weekdays, is all about the Dutch flower industry. At Royal FloraHolland, the world's largest trading center for plants and flowers, you see how flowers and plants from all over the world are being auctioned and processed.Tour Description
Around 6:30 am your professional and friendly guide picks you up from any address in Amsterdam to start your tour to Royal FloraHolland in Aalsmeer. This is the place where all the magic of the Dutch flower trade happens. Upon arrival, set off on a private guided tour in English from a special gallery. Experience the hustle & bustle of the flower processing floor while you slowly make your way to the auction room. Although nowadays a lot of trading is done online, through the windows you can still see traders bidding against the auction clock.
After the tour it takes a little detour to get back to Amsterdam, as you stop in one of the quaint villages surrounding the city to enjoy a well-deserved hot beverage in a traditional Dutch 'brown cafe'. Everything inside is brown, literally! The bar is made of wood, it’s usually a bit dark and there’s a stamtafel (communal table) with newspapers and sometimes magazines. Often tables are covered with carpets and the walls and ceilings with paintings, posters and pictures related to shipping.
Enjoying your beverage, it is a perfect opportunity to ask your guide anything you'd like to know about Dutch history, culture, society or anything that you're interested in. Perhaps you're wondering how we deal with unemployed or how the Dutch government handled the Corona-situation. What are the real estate prices or how does the school system work? Things that you've been wondering about.
Then it's time for the transfer back to Asmterdam. Once there you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour or somewhere else in the city if that suits you better.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam
• Private guide for ± 3.5 to 4 hours
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission Royal FloraHolland
• Private guided tour in English
• Traditional Brown Cafe Experience incl hot beverage
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Unique opportunity to escape mass tourism
• Adult (age 12-64) € 89
• Senior (age 65+) € 79
• Child (age 8-11) € 79
• Pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € free, just select 'no pick-up' in the booking engine
• Booking engine closing time: 8 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; at least 24-hrs before the tour click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• Pick-up is ± 6:30 am -exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the evening before the tour
• Duration complete tour: ± 3.5 - 4 hrs
• Max group size is 4 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Corona-proof tour with social distancing maintained throughout the tour
• Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with younger children or staying outside Amsterdam? Check out our private tours that visit the Flower Auction
• Available all year around
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
Book here the public tour to the Flower Auction
What our travelers say about visiting the Flower Auction with Tulip Day Tours