Ghent, not as big as Antwerp and less touristy than Bruges. This cozy city is fairly close to the Dutch border and is therefore excellent for a day trip!Tour Description
No need to hassle with expensive trains and transfers to visit Ghent. Just join this small group tour of maximum seven travelers departing from Amsterdam Central Station. But if you find the station too far or too difficult to reach, you also have the option to add hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam to your booking.
Watch the Dutch landscape, as flat as a pancake, pass by as your professional and friendly guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands and Belgium with you. Upon arrival in Ghent, set off on a 1.5 hr live-guided walking tour in English exclusive for the small tour group, so you can learn about the city and its radiant history. After the walking tour, you have free time to explore the city on your own.
The medieval center of Ghent has some of the best things to do in Belgium and it’s a wonderful city waiting for you to be discovered. You can visit Gravensteen Castle, the only remaining castle in West Flanders with an almost intact defense system, or St Bavo’s Cathedral, noted for the Ghent Altarpiece. This painting is formally known as The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb, the most frequently stolen painting in the world which was featured in the movie Monuments Men. Or you can sit down somewhere and enjoy culinary dishes or go shopping.
Then it's time to meet with your guide again for the transfer back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Departure from Amsterdam Central Station
- Pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam optional
- Professional and friendly guide
- 1.5 hr Live-guided walking tour in English
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- All taxes (21% sales tax), fees and handling charges
- Opportunity to escape mass tourism with this unique experience
- Tour departs at 9:00 am from Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
- Hotel pick-up (if booked) is between 8:15 and 9:00 am
- Exact pick-up time is communicated by 6:00 pm, the day before the tour
- Available from Monday to Saturday
- Duration of the complete tour: 10.5 hrs
- Maximum group size is 7 travelers
- Tour guide is also the driver
- Drive Amsterdam - Ghent is ±2.5 hrs
- Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with children younger than 8? Check out
tour to Ghent.
- Adult (age 12 - 64) € 149
- Senior (age 65+) € 139
- Child (age 8 - 11) € 139
- Hotel pick-up & drop off € 10 p.p.
- Booking engine closing time: 12 hours before the tour. Too late? just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger, perhaps we
- 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line at least 24 hours before the tour
Use the messenger on this page, check our FAQ page or contact us directly.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!