SMALL GROUP (Shared) EXPERIENCE
Ghent, not as big as Antwerp and less touristy than Bruges. This cozy city is fairly close to the Dutch border and is therefore excellent for a day trip!TOUR DESCRIPTION
Join our full day (12 hrs!), small group tour to Ghent in Belgium. You can wait comfortably in your hotel in Amsterdam to start your day trip to Ghent, as hotel pick up (and drop off) is included. Your tour guide will pick you up between 8:30 am and 9:00 am.
Upon arrival in Ghent, around noon, set off on a local-guided walking tour of one and a half hours, so you can learn about the city and its remarkable history. After the walking tour, you have free time to explore the city on your own. Everywhere in the city you can find beautiful canal houses and the history is radiant.
You can visit Gravensteen Castle, the only remaining castle in West Flanders with an almost intact defense system, or St Bavo’s Cathedral, noted for the Ghent Altarpiece. This painting is formally known as The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb, the most frequently stolen painting in the world which was featured in the movie ‘Monuments Men’. Or you can sit down somewhere and enjoy culinary dishes, or go shopping. It’s a wonderful city waiting for you to be discovered.
After meeting again with your tour guide around 6 pm, it’s time for the drive back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at your address around 8:30 - 9 pm (depending on traffic).
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (in Amsterdam)
- Professional and friendly tour guide
- Local-guided walking tour of 1.5 hrs
- All fees, taxes and handling charges
- Escape mass tourism with a small group tour
- (Bottled) Water - if possible, bring your own bottle so we can save on plastic
- Hotel pick-up is between 8:30 - 9:00 am
- Back in Amsterdam around 9:00 pm
- Drive to Ghent is approx. 3 hrs (1 way)
- Bring your passport or ID card
- 24-hr free cancelation policy
BOOK HERE YOUR EXPERIENCE TO GHENT! 24HR FREE CANCELATION POLICY