Ghent, not as big as Antwerp and less touristy than Bruges. This cozy city is fairly close to the Dutch border and is therefore excellent for a day trip!Tour Description
No need to hassle with expensive trains and transfers to visit Ghent. Just join this small group tour of maximum seven travelers departing from Amsterdam Central Station. But if you find the station too far or too difficult to reach, you also have the option to add hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam to your booking.
Watch the Dutch landscape, as flat as a pancake, pass by as your professional and friendly guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands and Belgium with you. Upon arrival in Ghent, set off on a 1.5 hr live-guided walking tour in English exclusive for the small tour group, so you can learn about the city and its radiant history. After the walking tour you have some personal time to explore the city on your own.
The medieval center of Ghent has some of the best things to do in Belgium and it’s a wonderful city waiting for you to be discovered. You can visit Gravensteen Castle, the only remaining castle in West Flanders with an almost intact defense system, or St Bavo’s Cathedral, noted for the Ghent Altarpiece. This painting is formally known as The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb, the most frequently stolen painting in the world which was featured in the movie Monuments Men. Or you can sit down somewhere and enjoy culinary dishes or go shopping.
Meet with you guide to visit a Ghent's beer brewery and taste delicious, locally brewed beers. Then it's time for the transfer back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Professional, friendly guide
• 1.5 hr walking tour in English
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Brewery visit incl. beer tasting -only when booked directly on this website
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Escape mass tourism
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 149
• Senior (age 65+) € 139
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 139
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € 10 p.p. (children free)
• Booking engine closing time: 12 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• 9:00 am departure from Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
• Pick-up & drop-off optional
• Pick-up (if booked) is between 8:15 - 9:00 am -exact time is given by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 10.5 hrs
• Drive Amsterdam - Ghent takes ±2.5 hrs (one-way)
• Group size: max 7 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with children younger than 8? Check out our private tour to Ghent
• Available Monday - Saturday, March - December