Small Public Group Tour
Visit picturesque Giethoorn, ‘Venice of the North’, where many houses are built on small islands and can be reached only by bridge or boat. Experience this village from the water passing by gorgeous farmhouses with flowers in all colors in Spring and Summer.Tour Description
This small public group tour of maximum four travelers include hotel pick-up and drop-off in Amsterdam. Enjoyment starts when you leave the city behind you and you watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by -built on reclaimed land- as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival in Giethoorn, you first experience this roadless village with its beautiful farm houses from the water. Depending on the group size, embark on either a 1-hr canal cruise or an electrical whisper boat. Sail through the village canals and pass by the many houses that are built on small islands. These can only reached by boat or bridge, of which the majority of the more than 176 bridges is privately owned. The only continuous connection through the old village by land is a bicycle and walking path that runs from north to south.
After the canal cruise you have some personal time for your own explorations. Wander around, visit the cheese shop 🧀, the gemstone museum 💎 or try some kibbeling! Then it's time to meet with your guide again for the transfer back to Amsterdam.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation from Amsterdam
• Pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam -only when booked directly on this website
• Private, friendly guide for the day
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• 1 hr whisper boat tour
• Personal time in Giethoorn
• Dutch Snack Pack -only when booked on this website
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 109
• Senior (age 65+) € 99
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 99
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € free, just select 'no pick-up' in the booking engine
• Booking engine closing time: 8 hrs before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; at least 24 hours before the tour click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive an instant full refund
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• Pick-up starts 20 minutes before start time -exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 6.5 hrs
• When the group size is two or less travelers a canal cruise is used rather than a private whisper boat
• Max. group size is 4 travelers
• Corona-proof tour with social distancing guaranteed
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Available March until November on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday