Small Public Group Tour
Visit picturesque Giethoorn, ‘Venice of the North’, where many houses are built on small islands and can be reached only by bridge or boat. Experience this village from the water passing by gorgeous farmhouses with flowers in all colors in Spring and Summer.Tour Description
This small public group tour of maximum seven travelers departs from Amsterdam Central Station, but you have the option to add hotel pick-up in Amsterdam to your booking. Enjoyment starts when you leave the city behind you and you watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by -built on reclaimed land- as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival in Giethoorn, you first experience this roadless village with its beautiful farm houses from the water. Embark on a canal cruise with interesting narration about the area and pass by the many houses that are built on small islands. These can only reached by bridge, of which the majority of the more than 176 bridges is privately owned, or boat. The only continuous connection through the old village by land is a bicycle and walking path that runs from north to south.
After the canal cruise you have some personal time for your own explorations. Wander around, visit the cheese shop, the gemstone museum or try some herring! Then it's time to meet with your guide again for the transfer back to Amsterdam.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation from Amsterdam Central Station
• Professional, friendly guide for the day
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• 1 hr canal cruise
• Personal time in Giethoorn
• Dutch Snack Pack -only when booked on this website
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 109
• Senior (age 65+) € 99
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 99
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € 10 p.p. (children free)
• Booking engine closing time: 8 hrs before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; for a full refund just drop us a line by email, iMessage / SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hrs before the tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• Departure from Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
• Pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam optional
• Pick-up (if booked) is between 9:45 - 10:30 am -exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 6.5 hrs
• Max. group size is 7 travelers
• Available daily from March until November
• Tour guide is also the driver