Visit picturesque Giethoorn, ‘Venice of the North’, where many houses are built on small islands and can be reached only by bridge or boat. Experience this village from the water passing by gorgeous farmhouses. Giethoorn is has its charm in all seasons. In Spring and Summer the village is filled with colorful flowers, in Fall the leaves are changing colors and in Winter it is extremely peaceful. So not matter the time of year, we bet you'll be in awe with this quaint village.Tour Description
Start your day comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the region for your visit to Giethoorn. Enjoyment starts when you watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by -built on reclaimed land- as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival in Giethoorn, you first experience this roadless village with its beautiful farm houses from the water. Embark on your own private whisper boat. Sailing the boat (you can sail yourself or have your guide do it for you) you pass by the many houses that are built on small islands which can only be reached by bridge (the majority of the more than 176 bridges are privately owned) or boat. The only continuous connection through the old village by land is a bicycle and walking path that runs from north to south.
After the boat tour you have some personal time for your own explorations. Wander around, visit the cheese shop, the gemstone museum or try some herring! Then it's time to meet with your guide again for the transfer back to your drop-off address.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Private, comfortable and corona-proof transportation
• Pick-up & drop off anywhere in the region -any address between Amsterdam & Giethoorn, incl. Schiphol, Amsterdam and Utrecht
• Private, local guide for 6.5 hours
• 90 min private guided electrical boat tour of Giethoorn
• Personal time in Giethoorn
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 199 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 138 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 106 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 87 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 74 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 34
• Infant (age 0-3), € free
• Booking engine closing time: 8 hours before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; at least 24 hours before the tour starts click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Different pick-up times, see booking engine
• Drop off address does not have to be the same as pick-up
• Duration of complete tour: 6.5 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Infant seats available (free)
• Available daily March - November
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly