With over 24,000 acres, National Park Weerribben Wieden is the largest contiguous low peat bog area in North-West Europe. A labyrinth of ponds, lakes, ditches, mysterious-looking swamp forests, vast reed plots and flowery meadows; a nursing room for special plant and animal species. Explore this national park by kayak and continue to Giethoorn, the village without streets or 'Venice of the North', for a boat ride. Perfect as a day trip from Amsterdam!Tour Description
At 9:30 am our white minivan departs from Amsterdam Central Station. You have the option to add hotel pick-up in Amsterdam to your booking, if the station is too far out or too difficult to reach by yourself. This way you also have transportation to and from the meeting point.
Enjoyment starts in the minivan, when you leave the city behind you and make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque Giethoorn and Weerribben Wieden National Park. Watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by, that was built on reclaimed land, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the nature park, the kayaks are ready to be taken out on the water. Then your guide leads the ‘way’: a route of max. 2.5 - 3.5 hours (incl. stops) through the nature reserve. After the kayak trip, it takes a transfer of 25 minutes to get to Giethoorn, where you have free time to explore the town by foot, take a break, or use your free ticket for a 1hr boat ride through the village canals to experience Giethoorn from the water. After all, it is the mode of transport in Giethoorn in this village with beautiful farm houses along the canals. After a full day of enjoyment in nature and Giethoorn, it's time to go back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Professional, friendly guide for the day
- Use of kayak or canoe (whatever you prefer, kayaks for two people are also available)
- Lunch pack - only when booked directly on this website
- Boat ride in Giethoorn
- All taxes (21% sales tax), fees and handling charges
- Unique, off-the-beaten track experience - escape mass tourism
- Meeting point is Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
- Tour departs at 9:30 am sharp from meeting point
- Hotel pick-up (if booked) is between 8:45 and 9:30 am
- Exact pick-up time is given by 6:00 pm, the day before the tour
- Duration of the complete tour: 8 hours
- Group size: max. 7 travelers
- Tour guide is also the driver
- Participation is on own risk
- Traveler must be able to swim
- Kayak route too short or too long? Our private kayak experience is tailored to your preferences.
- This tour is available from March until October
- Adult (age 12-64) € 149
- Child & Senior € 124
- Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam (optional) € 10 per person
Use the messenger on this page, check our FAQ page or contact us directly.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
- Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
- Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we
- 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS or WhatsApp, at least 24 hrs before the tour
- Tour will be canceled in case of bad weather such as continious rain or thunderstorms
What our travelers say about this tour