Small Public Group Tour
With over 24,000 acres, National Park Weerribben Wieden is the largest contiguous low peat bog area in North-West Europe. A labyrinth of ponds, lakes, ditches, mysterious-looking swamp forests, vast reed plots and flowery meadows; a nursing room for special plant and animal species. Explore this national park by kayak and continue to Giethoorn, the village without roads or 'Venice of the North', for a boat ride. Perfect as a day trip from Amsterdam!Tour Description
At 9:30 am our white minivan departs from Amsterdam Central Station (hotel pick-up in Amsterdam optional) and enjoyment starts when you leave the city behind you and make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque Giethoorn and Weerribben Wieden National Park. Watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by, that was built on reclaimed land, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the nature park, the kayaks are ready to be taken out on the water. Then your guide leads the ‘way’: a route of max. 1.5 to 2.5 hours through the nature reserve. After the kayak trip, it takes a transfer of 25 minutes to get to Giethoorn. Here, many houses are built on small islands and can only be reached by bridge (the majority of the more than 176 bridges are privately owned) or boat. The only continuous connection through the old village by land is a bicycle and walking path that runs from North to South. Enjoy personal time in this quaint village. Wander around, take a break or use your free ticket for a 1hr boat ride through the village canals to experience Giethoorn from the water. After all, it is the mode of transport in Giethoorn in this village with beautiful farm houses along the canals.
After a full day of enjoyment in nature and Giethoorn, it's time to go back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Professional, friendly guide for the day
• Kayak tour
• Use of kayak or canoe (your preference)
• Ticket for boat ride in Giethoorn
• Snack pack -only when booked directly on this website
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Unique, off-the-beaten path experience
• Adult (age 12-64) € 149
• Senior (age 65+) € 124
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € 10 p.p.
• Booking engine closing time: 10 hours before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before start time -this gives enough time to check the weather forecast and cancel if necessary
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• Meeting point & time: 9:30 am Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
• Pick-up (if booked) is between 8:45-9:30 am -exact time is given by 6 pm, the day prior the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 8 hrs
• Traveler must be able to swim, participation is on own risk
• Max. group size is 7 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Min. age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with younger children? Check out our private kayak experience
• Kayak route too short or too long? Our private kayak experience is tailored to your preferences.
• Available in Spring & Summer