Small Group (Shared) Experience
From June until October the full day tour Kayaking through National Park Weerribben & Giethoorn takes place. It's a small group tour (max. 7 travelers) and includes a hotel pick-up (within the city of Amsterdam). Drop off at the end of the day is at Amsterdam Central Station.
Enjoyment starts in the minivan, when you leave the city behind you and make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque Giethoorn and Weerribben Wieden National Park. Watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by, that was built on reclaimed land, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the nature park, we take our kayaks and get comfortable in them. Then your guide leads the ‘way’: a route of max. 2.5 - 3.5 hours through the nature reserve. With over 24,000 acres, it’s the largest contiguous low peat bog area in North-West Europe. A labyrinth of ponds, lakes, ditches, mysterious-looking swamp forests, vast reed plots and flowery meadows; a nursing room for special plant and animal species.
After the kayak trip, it takes a transfer of 15 minutes to get to Giethoorn, where you have free time to explore the town by foot, take a break, or use your free ticket for a 1hr boat ride through the village canals to experience Giethoorn from the water. After all, it is the mode of transport in Giethoorn. After a full day of enjoyment in nature and Giethoorn, it's time to go back to Amsterdam where you are dropped off at Amsterdam Central Station around 5.30 pm (depending on traffic).
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Hotel pick-up (within city of Amsterdam)
- Use of kayak or canoe
- Giethoorn: free time & boat ride ticket
- Lunch pack
- All taxes, fees & handling charges
- Small group tour means personal service
- Off-the-beaten track experience; escape mass tourism
- Hotel pick-up between 8:30 and 9:00 am
- Back in Amsterdam around 5:00 pm
- Participant must be able to swim to join this experience
- This experience is also available as private group tour
- 24-hr free cancelation policy
BOOK HERE YOUR KAYAK & GIETHOORN Experience!