Live the tale of an exciting windmill adventure at UNESCO’s Kinderdijk. The ingenious system of windmills and pumping stations has been keeping the soil dry here for nearly a thousand years now, in a constant struggle between human brains and the power of the water. Visit one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles in the Netherlands next and learn all about medieval castle life and the Dutch Golden Age.Tour Description
As this is a private experience, you can enjoy the comfort of pick-up from any address in the region. The first stop of the day is Kinderdijk, home to a unique historical windmill complex in the world. Upon arrival, watch a brief introductory movie about Kinderdijk and learn about its history. After the movie you set off on a live-guided tour of Kinderdijk. Visit, together with your guide, one museum mill by Kinderdijk's Canal Hopper. At the windmill, climb the stairs and see how this historical engineering exactly works. You can ask the miller anything you'd like to know about milling or milling life. Get back on the boat for the scenic part passing by all the beautiful windmills on a row. Back at the visitor's center you have some personal time to make a stop in the souvenir shop or to take more pictures.
Then it's for the 1.5 hr transfer to Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle. National Museum Muiderslot is a real medieval castle, and has a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge. The castle is over 700 years old and has a long and turbulent history. Discover its secrets, with included admission and a 1-hr live-guided tour in English (audio-tour in other languages available).
After the tour you have some personal time to continue your explorations in the castle, or to discover the beautiful historical gardens where they grow vegetables of the past and herbs for all sorts of purposes. Then it's time for the transfer back to your drop-off address.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off in the Randstad region
• Professional, friendly guide
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission world heritage Kinderdijk
• Live-guided tour of Kinderdijk, incl. windmill visit
• Admission National Museum Amsterdam Castle
• 1-hr live-guided castle tour in English
• Audio-tour available in German, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, Hebrew and Chinese
• Lunch pack -only when booked on this website
• Tailored to your interests and preferences
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 240 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 174 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 141 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 121 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 108 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 99 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 49
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 6 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Pick-up time around 9:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Duration of complete tour: 7.5 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Infant seats available
• Only available on this website
• Available daily, March - November
• Tour is tailored to your preferences
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly