Small Public Group Tour from Amsterdam
Live the tale of an exciting windmill adventure at UNESCO’s Kinderdijk and combine it with a visit to Amsterdam Castle Muiderslot to learn all about medieval castle life and the Dutch Golden Age.Tour Description
This small public group tour of maximum seven travelers departs at 9:30 am minvan sharp from Amsterdam Central Station (hotel pick-up in Amsterdam optional). The first stop of this full day tour is world heritage site Kinderdijk. There's not a windmill complex like this anywhere else in the world to be found. The ingenious system of windmills and pumping stations has been keeping the soil dry here for nearly a thousand years now, in a constant struggle between human brains and the power of the water.
Upon arrival, watch a brief introductory movie about Kinderdijk and learn about its history. After the movie, enjoy a guided tour and let the skippers of Kinderdijk's Canal Hopper carry you across the glittering waters of the basins to windmill Nederwaard. Together with your guide you climb the stairs inside the windmill, where you can see that clever historical engineering for yourself. Meet the miller and learn about his trade. Ask him anything you'd like to know about milling!
Meet with your guide again for the one-hour transfer to one of the oldest and best preserved castles of the Netherlands: Muiderslot Castle. This national museum is a real medieval castle, and has a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge. The castle is over 700 years old and has a long and turbulent history. Discover its secrets, with included admission and a 1-hr live-guided tour in English, covering most part of the castle (audio-tour in other languages available).
After the tour you have some personal time to continue your explorations in the castle, or to discover the beautiful historical gardens where they grow vegetables of the past and herbs for all sorts of purposes. Then it's time for the drive back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation from Amsterdam Central Station
• Professional and friendly guide for the day
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admissions world heritage Kinderdijk, incl. canal hopper
• Guided tour of Kinderdijk, incl. windmill visit
• Admission national museum Amsterdam Castle
• 1-hr live-guided castle tour in English
• Audio-tour in German, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, Hebrew and Chinese
• Water and apples
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 139
• Senior (age 65+) € 129
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 129
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € 10 p.p. (children free)
• Booking engine closing time: 8 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• Tour departs at 9:30 am sharp Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
• Pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam optional
• Pick-up (if booked) is between 9:00 and 9:30 am -exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 7.5 hrs
• Max. group size is 7 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with children younger than 8? Check out our private tour!
• Available daily (except Mon) from March until November