What are the Netherlands' icons? Right. Tulips and Windmills. Well, that's what this tour is all about! Start first with an exciting windmill adventure at UNESCO’s Kinderdijk and continue then to marvellous spring flower park Keukenhof with its 79 acres of flowers.Tour Description
This small public group tour departs from Amsterdam and is adjusted so that social distancing both in the tour and in the vehicle is maintained. The first stop of the day is Kinderdijk, a windmill complex that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. The ingenious system of windmills and pumping stations has been keeping the soil dry here for nearly a thousand years now, in a constant struggle between human brains and the power of the water.
Upon arrival, start with a guided tour of the Kinderdijk area. Enjoy a live-guided tour of the area and let the skippers of Kinderdijk carry you across the glittering waters of the basins to windmill Nederwaard. Together with your guide you climb the stairs inside the windmill, where you can see that marvellous historical engineering for yourself. Meet the miller and learn about his trade. Ask him anything you'd like to know about milling!
Then it's for the transfer to Keukenhof tulip gardens. Upon arrival your guide walks you to and through the entrance (arranges a wheelchair if necessary) and gives you all the pinpoints of the park. Then your guide sets up a meeting point for later, so that you can explore the park on your own in your own pace. Meet with your guide again for the transfer back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam
• Professional, friendly guide
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission world heritage Kinderdijk
• Guided tour of Kinderdijk, incl. boat ride & windmill visit
• Skip-the-line admission Keukenhof tulip gardens
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 139
• Senior (age 65+) € 129
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 129
• Boxed lunch € 15
• Booking engine closing time: 10 hrs before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; for a full refund just click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Guaranteed instant full refund by same method of payment -we do not work with vouchers
• Hotel pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam included
• Pick-up is between 9:00 - 9:30 am -exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 8.5 hrs
• Corona-proof tour
• Max. two travel parties (solo, duo or trio)
• Available in Spring only
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with children younger than 8? Check out our private tour to Kinderdijk and Keukenhof
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly