Live the tale of an exciting windmill adventure at the world heritage windmills of Kinderdijk with your own private guide. Anyone interested in the authentic windmills should visit Kinderdijk, as the ingenious system of windmills and pumping stations has been keeping the soil dry for nearly a thousand years now, in a constant struggle between human brains and the power of the water.
With its nineteen windmills of which all are inhabited by locals but two, the traditional complex is the largest in the world and definitely worth exploring!Tour Description
This private experience includes pick-up from any address in the Randstad region so you can start your tour comfortably. Upon arrival in Kinderdijk, located along the river Lek, set off on a private guided walking tour of the area. Discover the area's historical importance and visit two museum windmills, where you can meet the millers and learn about their trade. All the other windmills are still inhabited by millers and their families. Climb the steep stairs inside one of the mills and see for yourself how water and wind are harvested mechanically.
Ask the millers anything you'd like to know about milling, before walking back to the visitor's center. The total walking distance is 1 - 1.5 mi. Once back at the visitor's center, you have some personal time to make a stop at the souvenir shop and to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea on the terrace overlooking the marvellous scenery and soaking in the serenity and peacefulness of the area.
Then it's time to embark Kinderdijk's Canal Cruiser, where its skippers will take you over the glittering water basins of Kinderdijk. Be amazed by the incredible authentic scenery of all the windmills on a row. A guarantee for amazing pictures and surely a day that you will remember for the rest of your life.
If you find the walking too much, you can also opt to use Kinderdijk's Canal Hopper to visit the windmills. You sail the same route as with the Canal Cruiser, but just with stops at the windmills. The second windmill however, can only be reached by a 10 minute walk from where you get off the boat.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off anywhere in the Rotterdam / Amsterdam / Utrecht region
• Private guide
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission world heritage Kinderdijk, incl 2 windmills and boat ride
• Live-guided tour of Kinderdijk, incl. windmills
• Lunch box -only when booked on this website
• Tailored to your interests and preferences
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 208 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 147 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 116 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 98 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 85 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 35
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 10 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us
• Price in the booking engine is total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive an instant full refund
• Pick-up time around 10:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Duration of complete tour: 6 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Max group size is 6 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Infant seats available (free)
• Also available as public tour
• Available daily
March - November
• Tour is tailored to your interests preferences
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly