Covering 6 acres, the Orchid Farm (Orchideeën Hoeve) is a magnificent jungle indoor park with different tropical gardens that’s unique to Europe. In 2019 this family business celebrated its 100th anniversary. Explore the different gardens and surround yourself with thousands of flowers. Learn more about butterflies or reptiles from the wildlife guide. Perfect as a private day tour with your family or friends!Tour Description
Start your day comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the region. Enjoyment starts in the minivan, when you make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to the Orchideeënhoeve. Watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by, that was built on reclaimed land, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the Orchid Farm, your tour guide will set up a meeting point and time for later. This way you can explore the park for several hours in your own pace. Let yourself be enchanted by the exceptional flowers and plants, and surround yourself with more than 2,000 fuchsias, begonias, geraniums and busy Lizzies in the fairytale SkyFlora Garden. The concept of this garden is inspired by the Japanese cherry blossom season. Here the flowers form an endless cloud above your head.
Meet with a wildlife guide and search for butterflies, caterpillars and chrysalises in Butterfly Valley. The guide’s lecture explains all about their life span, life cycle, feeding habits, camouflage and the most eye-catching butterflies. But you can also opt for a lecture on reptiles. Your choice! After the lecture you have time to sit down for a cup of coffee or tea and a Dutch snack and to continue your explorations in the other gardens.
Then, meet with your guide again for the transfer back to your drop off address. Many farms are located along the roads. Perhaps you would like to make a spontaneous stop at a cheese farm?Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off anywhere in the region
• Professional, friendly guide for the day
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission Orchid Farm
• 20 min. lecture by a wildlife guide on reptiles or butterflies
• Coffee / tea and Dutch snack
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 179 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 133 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 108 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 93 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 83 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 76 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 39 p.p.
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Pick-up time ± 10:00 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Drop off address does not have to be the same as pick-up
• Duration of complete tour: 6.5 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Complimentary use of infant / child car seat(s)
• Available May until March
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
Different ways to book this private tour to the Orchid Farm
Send an email or WhatsApp message with the date, your interests and for how many travelers the tour is. We will then send you a tour offer
with a competitive price and a tailor-made itinerary.
Once you agree with the offer, you'll receive an email with a link to a secured invoice payment page of our payment provider Stripe. You can complete the payment process and will receive a confirmation email & booking ticket from us - Tulip Day Tours. Once the invoice amount is settled your reservation is guaranteed.
Another way to book this tour is by one of our resellers such as Viator / TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide or Finish your booking by credit card or Paypal and receive your booking confirmation in your email inbox
No need to do anything! We contact you within 24 hours after booking (email or SMS) to go over the details