Covering 6 acres, the Orchid Farm (Orchideeën Hoeve) is a magnificent jungle indoor park with different tropical gardens that’s unique to Europe. In 2019 this family business celebrated its 100th anniversary. Explore the different gardens and surround yourself with thousands of flowers. Learn more about butterflies or reptiles from the wildlife guide. Perfect as a private day tour with your family or friends!Tour Description
Start your day comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the region. Enjoyment starts in the minivan, when you make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to the Orchideeënhoeve. Watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by, that was built on reclaimed land, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the Orchid Farm, meet with a wildlife guide and search for butterflies, caterpillars and chrysalises in Butterfly Valley. The guide’s lecture explains all about their life span, life cycle, feeding habits, camouflage and the most eye-catching butterflies. But you can also opt for a lecture on reptiles. Your choice!
After the lecture your tour guide will set up a meeting point and time for later. This way you can explore the park for several hours in your own pace. Let yourself be enchanted by the exceptional flowers and plants, and surround yourself with more than 2,000 fuchsias, begonias, geraniums and busy Lizzies in the fairytale SkyFlora Garden. The concept of this garden is inspired by the Japanese cherry blossom season. Here the flowers form an endless cloud above your head. Continue your explorations in the other gardens or sit down for a cup of coffee or tea and a Dutch snack.
Then, meet with your guide again for the transfer back to your drop off address. Many farms are located along the roads. Perhaps you would like to make a spontaneous stop at a cheese farm?Good to know
The drop-off address does not have to be the same as pick-up. We have space in our vehicle for luggage so you can use this experience as transportation at the same time -e.g. pick-up hotel, drop-ff airport
You can choose between a lecture about reptiles or a lecture about butterflies.
• Private, comfortable and corona-proof transportation
• Pick-up & drop off anywhere in the region
• Private, local guide for 6.5 hours
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly and to maintain social distancing
• Admission Orchid Farm
• 20 min. lecture by a wildlife guide on reptiles or butterflies
• Coffee / tea and Dutch snack
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Disposable face masks
• Option to customize the experience to your interests and preferences
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 179 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 133 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 108 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 93 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 83 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 76 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 39 p.p.
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation at least 24 hours before the start of the experience and receive an instant full refund.
We don't work with vouchers!
• Pick-up time ± 10:00 am
calculated from Amsterdam
• Drop off address does not have to be the same as pick-up
• Duration of complete tour: 6.5 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• 2021: Max group size is 6 travelers (incl children) given that the group is one household; for two households the max group size is 4 travelers (incl children)
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Complimentary use of infant / child car seat(s)
• Available all year around
• This experience is also offered in combination with Giethoorn.
Select in the booking engine below the number of travelers, the date and time. The amount in the booking engine is the total amount for all travelers. Follow the steps.
Finish your booking by credit card, Apple Pay or Paypal. You will receive an automated booking confirmation in your inbox (check your spam). No need to do anything anymore!
You have received your booking confirmation. In the week prior to your experience we contact you by email / WhatsApp to learn about your pick-up address, preferences and interests.
Share this experience
Read what our travelers say about our experiences!