Small Public Group Tour
Covering 6 acres, the Orchid Farm (Orchideeën Hoeve) is a magnificent jungle indoor park with different tropical gardens that’s unique to Europe. Explore the different gardens and surround yourself with thousands of flowers. Continue to picturesque Giethoorn, ‘Venice of the North’, for a canal boat ride passing by gorgeous farmhouses. Many of these houses are built on small islands and can be reached only by bridge or boat.Tour Description
This small public group tour of maximum four travelers departs from Amsterdam and includes hotel pick-up and drop-off. Enjoyment already starts when you leave the city behind you and you watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by -built on reclaimed land- as your private, friendly guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the Orchid Farm, your tour guide will set up a meeting point and time for later. This way you can explore the park for several hours in your own pace. Let yourself be enchanted by the exceptional flowers and plants, and surround yourself with more than 2,000 fuchsias, begonias, geraniums and busy Lizzies in the fairytale SkyFlora Garden. Inspired by the Japanese cherry blossom season, the flowers form an endless cloud above your head.
Meet with a wildlife guide and search for butterflies, caterpillars and chrysalises in Butterfly Valley. The guide’s lecture explains all about their life span, life cycle, feeding habits, camouflage and the most eye-catching butterflies. Then it’s time to meet with your tour guide for the transfer to Giethoorn, the famous Dutch village that has no roads.
Many houses in Giethoorn are built on small islands and can only be reached by bridge. The majority of the more than 176 bridges are privately owned and the only continuous connection through the old village by land is a bicycle and walking path that runs from North to South. Enjoy a canal boat ride through the village canals to experience Giethoorn from the water. After all, it is the mode of transport in Giethoorn in this village with beautiful farm houses along the canals.
After the canal boat ride you have some personal time for your own explorations. Wander around, visit the cheese shop, the gemstone museum or try some herring! Then, after a day full of enjoyment you meet with your guide again for the transfer back to Amsterdam.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Hotel pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam
• Private, friendly guide for the day
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission Orchid Farm
• 20 min lecture by a wildlife guide on butterflies
• 1 hr canal boat ride in Giethoorn
• Personal time in Giethoorn
• Water & apples
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 139
• Senior (age 65+) € 129
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 129
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € free, as we personally reconfirm each booking, you can select 'no pick-up' in the booking engine
• Booking engine closing time: 10 hrs before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; at least 24 hours before the tours starts click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• Pick-up starts 20 min before start time of the tour -exact pick-up time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 8 hrs
• Max. group size is 4 travelers
• Available May until March: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
• Min age for participation in our public tours is 8 years. Traveling with younger children, with three or more travelers or staying outside Amsterdam? Check out our private tour or our other private tours that visit Giethoorn
• Giethoorn is also offered as a separate public tour
• Tour guide is also the driver