Covering 6 acres, the Orchid Farm (Orchideeën Hoeve) is a magnificent jungle indoor park with different tropical gardens that’s unique to Europe. Explore the different gardens and surround yourself with thousands of flowers. Continue to picturesque Giethoorn, ‘Venice of the North’, for a canal boat ride passing by gorgeous farmhouses. Perfect as a private day tour with your own family or group of friends!Tour Description
Start your day comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the region. Enjoyment starts in the minivan, when you make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to the Orchideeënhoeve and picturesque Giethoorn. Watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by, that was built on reclaimed land, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the Orchid Farm, your tour guide will set up a meeting point and time for later. This way you can explore the park for several hours in your own pace. Let yourself be enchanted by the exceptional flowers and plants, and surround yourself with more than 2,000 fuchsias, begonias, geraniums and busy Lizzies in the fairytale SkyFlora Garden. The concept of this garden is inspired by the Japanese cherry blossom season. Here the flowers form an endless cloud above your head.
Meet with a wildlife guide and search for butterflies, caterpillars and chrysalises in Butterfly Valley. The guide’s lecture (20 min.) explains all about their life span, life cycle, feeding habits, camouflage and the most eye-catching butterflies.
Then it’s time to meet with your tour guide for the transfer to Giethoorn, the village without roads. Many houses are built on small islands and can only be reached by bridge (the majority of the more than 176 bridges are privately owned). The only continuous connection through the old village by land is a bicycle and walking path that runs from North to South. Enjoy a one hour boat ride through the village canals to experience Giethoorn from the water. After all, it is the mode of transport in Giethoorn in this village with beautiful farm houses along the canals.
Then, after a full day of enjoyment in Overijssel, it's time for the drive back to your drop-off address.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off anywhere in the region
• Professional, friendly guide for the day
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission Orchid Farm
• 20 min. lecture by a wildlife guide on reptiles or butterflies
• 1hr canal cruise in Giethoorn
• Water & apples
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 249 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 189 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 149 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 129 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 119 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 99 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 49 p.p.
• Infant, € free
• Booking engine closing time: 12 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour -this gives enough time to check the weather forecast and cancel if necessary
• Pick-up time ± 9:45 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Drop off address does not have to be the same as pick-up
• Duration of complete tour: 8 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Complimentary use of infant / child car seat(s)
• Available May until March
• Also available as small public group tour from Amsterdam
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly