Covering 6 acres, the Orchid Farm (Orchideeën Hoeve) is a magnificent jungle indoor park with different tropical gardens that’s unique to Europe. Explore the different gardens and surround yourself with thousands of flowers. Continue to picturesque Giethoorn, ‘Venice of the North’, for a canal boat ride passing by gorgeous farmhouses. Perfect as a private day tour with your own family or group of friends!Tour Description
Start your day comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the region. Enjoyment starts in the minivan, when you make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to the Orchideeënhoeve and picturesque Giethoorn. Watch the landscape of Netherlands’ newest province Flevoland pass by, that was built on reclaimed land, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the Orchid Farm, your tour guide will set up a meeting point and time for later. This way you can explore the park for several hours in your own pace. Let yourself be enchanted by the exceptional flowers and plants, and surround yourself with more than 2,000 fuchsias, begonias, geraniums and busy Lizzies in the fairytale SkyFlora Garden. The concept of this garden is inspired by the Japanese cherry blossom season. Here the flowers form an endless cloud above your head.
Meet with a wildlife guide and search for butterflies, caterpillars and chrysalises in Butterfly Valley. The guide’s lecture (20 min.) explains all about their life span, life cycle, feeding habits, camouflage and the most eye-catching butterflies.
Then it’s time to meet with your tour guide for the transfer to Giethoorn, the village without roads. Many houses are built on small islands and can only be reached by bridge (the majority of the more than 176 bridges are privately owned). The only continuous connection through the old village by land is a bicycle and walking path that runs from North to South. Enjoy a one hour boat ride through the village canals to experience Giethoorn from the water. After all, it is the mode of transport in Giethoorn in this village with beautiful farm houses along the canals.
Then, after a full day of enjoyment in Overijssel, it's time for the drive (back) to your drop-off address.Good to know
• The drop-off address does not have to be the same as pick-up. We have space in our vehicle for luggage so you can use this experience as transportation at the same time -e.g. pick-up hotel, drop-ff airport.
• In the Orchid Farm you can choose between a lecture on reptiles or a lecture on butterflies.
• In Giethoorn our experience is that our travelers sometimes like to leave the guide 'ashore' and steer the private whisper boat themselves. You have that option too!
• Private, comfortable and comfortable transportation
• Pick-up & drop off anywhere in the region
• Private, local guide for 8 hours
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly and to maintain social distancing
• Admission Orchid Farm
• 20 min lecture by a wildlife guide on reptiles or butterflies
• 1hr private guided tour of Giethoorn by electrical whisper boat
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Option to customize the experience to your preferences and interests
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 249 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 189 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 149 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 129 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 119 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 49 p.p.
• Infant, € free
• Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation at least 24 hours before the start of the experience and receive a full refund instantly
We don't work with vouchers!
• Pick-up times: ± 9:45 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Drop off address does not have to be the same as pick-up
• Duration of complete tour: 8 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• 2021: Max group size is 6 travelers (incl children) given that the group is one household; for two households the max group size is 4 travelers (incl children)
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Complimentary use of infant / child car seat(s)
• Available all year around
Select in the booking engine below the number of travelers, the date and time. The amount in the booking engine is the total amount for all travelers. Follow the steps.
Finish your booking by credit card, Apple Pay or Paypal. You will receive an automated booking confirmation in your inbox (check your spam). No need to do anything anymore!
You have received your booking confirmation. In the week prior to your experience we contact you by email / WhatsApp to learn about your pick-up address, preferences and interests.
Share this experience
Read what our travelers say about our experiences!
Read what our travelers say about our tours!