Visit the royal flower auction first, where you experience the bustle on the floor, watch traders buy by the clock and be amazed by the enormous amount of beautiful flowers from nearly 50 countries that are traded every day. Continue your explorations and visit world heritage site Kinderdijk, the location of a group of 19 authentic windmills which were built to pump up the polder water.Tour Description
The auction starts at 7:00 am and it's worth to be there early to experience the hustle & bustle of the floor of the flower auction hall! Although nowadays a lot of trading is done online, you still see traders bidding against the auction clock. Enjoy a live-guided tour in English exclusive for your party, and let your guide share inside information about the flower industry with you from a special gallery. After the tour you have some free time to take pictures or shop at the souvenir shop, before making the transfer of 75 minutes to Kinderdijk.
Upon arrival at this world heritage site, watch a brief introductory movie about Kinderdijk and learn about its historical importance. Enjoy a walking tour of the area (2 mi) and visit two mills. Climb the stairs inside museum mill Nederwaard and discover how this medieval engineering actually works. See how miller Hoek, his wife and their thirteen children lived in this windmill in the old days. Now you can meet one of the current millers and ask them anything you'd like to know about milling or milling life. Continue to windmill Blokweer and see how millers and their families lived completely self-sustainable in the 1950s. All the other windmills in Kinderdijk are still inhabited by millers and their families.
Once back at the visitor's center your guide sets up a meeting point and time, so that you have some free time to explore the windmills from the water. Let the skippers of the Kinderdijk Canal Cruiser carry you across the glittering waters of the Kinderdijk basins for 30 minutes; a guarantee for marvellous pictures. Then it's time for the transfer back to your drop-off address.
If you find the walking too much or too long, you can also choose to use your boat ticket for Kinderdijk's Canal Hopper. This boat sails the same route as the Canal Cruiser, but stops at the two windmills. This way you can skip most of the walking, although the second windmill (the last part) can only be reached by foot (10 min).
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop-off in the Randstad region
• Professional, friendly guide
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission Royal FloraHolland
• Guided tour in English exclusive for your party
• Admission world heritage Kinderdijk
• Guided tour of Kinderdijk, incl. boat ride & windmill visit, exclusive for your party
• Tailored to your interests and preferences
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Flexibility with itinerary & pick-up/drop-off address
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 229 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 169 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 137 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 115 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 99 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 89 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 39
• Infant € free
• Infant seat € free
• Booking engine closing time: 12 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Pick-up time is ± 6:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Exact pick-up time is communicated the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 7 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Infant seats available
• Available weekdays, March - November
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly