Private (Group) Experience
From June until October we offer the full day tour Kayaking through National Park Weerribben & Giethoorn for private (group) experiences. Start your private (group) tour comfortably, as a pick-up and drop off from any address in the province of North-Holland, Flevoland, Utrecht, Gelderland and Overijssel is included.
Enjoyment starts in the minivan, when you make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque Giethoorn and Weerribben Wieden National Park. Watch the flat Dutch landscape pass by as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the nature park, we take our kayaks and get comfortable in them. Then your guide leads the ‘way’: a route of max. 2.5 - 3.5 hours through the nature reserve. With over 24,000 acres, it’s the largest contiguous low peat bog area in North-West Europe. A labyrinth of ponds, lakes, ditches, mysterious-looking swamp forests, vast reed plots and flowery meadows; a nursing room for special plant and animal species.
After the kayak trip, it takes a transfer of 15 to 25 minutes to get to Giethoorn, where you have free time to explore the town by foot, take a break, or use your free ticket for a 1hr boat ride through the village canals to experience Giethoorn from the water. After all, it is the mode of transport in Giethoorn. After a full day of enjoyment in nature and Giethoorn, it's time to go back to your address where you arrive around 5.30 pm - 6 pm (depending on traffic).
- Comfortable air-conditioned transportation by Ford Transit
- Pick-up & drop off
- Use of kayak or canoe
- Giethoorn: free time & boat ride ticket
- Lunch pack
- All taxes, fees & handling charges
- Private tour means escaping from mass tourism, personal service and flexibility with the itinerary
- Pick-up is around 9:00 am (depends on your location)
- In case of bad weather this experience will be canceled
- Travelers must be able to swim to join this tour
- Participation is on own risk
- There's only minimal space for personal belongings in the kayak, but you can leave things in the minivan
This experience is also available as a small group (shared) experience.
Book here your Private (Group) Kayak & Giethoorn Experience!