Our small country is internationally known for its flowers. Not a surprise, given that the Netherlands controls sixty percent of the global flower trade. This tour, available all year around on weekdays, is all about the Dutch flower industry. At Royal FloraHolland, the world's largest trading center of the global flower industry, you see how flowers and plants from all over the world are auctioned and processed.Tour Description
Start your private experience for maximum six travelers* comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the Randstad region to visit Royal FloraHolland. Upon arrival, set off on a private guided tour in English from a special gallery. Experience the hustle & bustle of the flower processing floor while you slowly make your way to the auction room. Although nowadays a lot of trading is done online, you still see traders bidding against the auction clock. After the tour you have some personal time to take more pictures or to make a stop in the souvenir shop before heading to one of the villages nearby for a cultural experience.
Depending on the day -and your preference- visit a traditional Dutch 'brown cafe' for a hot beverage. Inside you find that everything is brown, literally! The bar is made of wood, it’s usually a bit dark inside and there’s a stamtafel (communal table) with newspapers and sometimes magazines. Tables are often covered with carpets and the walls and ceilings with paintings, posters and pictures related to shipping.
But since we are travelers ourselves and always looking for a local market when we're abroad ourselves, you can also opt to visit a local market instead in one of the villages around Amsterdam (if open). Your guide will let you taste the most delicious Dutch cheeses!
As this is a private experience, the tour is tailored to your wishes. See what's outside Amsterdam and go off the beaten tracks. Perfect as shore-excursion or if you have a lay-over at Schiphol Airport!Additional Information
The drop-off address can be different from the pick-up address. A private exprience is perfect as you also have your transportation included (e.g. to/from Schiphol Airport).
Until further notice the maximum group size for all our private tours is 6 travelers including children -provided they form one household. The maximum group size in case of two households is four travelers.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop-off in the region
• Private Guide for 4 hours
• Admission Royal FloraHolland
• Private guided tour in English
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Hot beverage at brown cafe or cheese tasting at the market
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 1 Adult (age 12+), € 249 p.p.
• 2 Adults, € 149 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 109 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 84 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 69 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 59 p.p.
• Child (age 4 - 11) € 29
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 8 pm, the evening before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation at least 24 hours before the tour and receive a full refund instantly
• Pick-up time is ± 6:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Exact pick-up time is communicated once the pick-up address is known
• Duration of complete tour: ± 4 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Complimentary use of infant seats
• All year around -weekends & holidays closed
• Also available as small public tour from Amsterdam
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
Book here your Private Tour to the Flower Auction
What our travelers say about visiting the Flower Auction with Tulip Day Tours