Ghent, not as big as Antwerp and less touristy than Bruges. This cozy city is fairly close to the Dutch border and is therefore excellent for a day trip!Tour Description
Start your private experience to the beautiful, medieval city of Ghent in Belgium comfortably, as your guide picks you up around 9 am (depending on your location) from any address south of Amsterdam.
Upon arrival, set off on a 1.5 hr live-guided walking tour in English exclusive for your party, so you can learn about the city and its radiant history. After the walking tour, you have free time to explore the city on your own.
The medieval center of Ghent has some of the best things to do in Belgium and it’s a wonderful city waiting for you to be discovered. You can visit Gravensteen Castle, the only remaining castle in West Flanders with an almost intact defense system, or St Bavo’s Cathedral, noted for the Ghent Altarpiece. This painting is formally known as The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb, the most frequently stolen painting in the world which was featured in the movie Monuments Men. Or you can sit down somewhere and enjoy culinary dishes or go shopping.
Meet with you guide to visit a Ghent's beer brewery and taste delicious, locally brewed beers. Then it's time for the transfer back to your drop-off address.
If preferred, your guide is happy to explore the city with you in your free time!
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off any address south of Amsterdam
• Private guide for 10 to 11 hours
• 1-hr live-guided walking tour in English, exclusive for your party
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Brewery visit incl. beer tasting -only when booked directly on this website
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Take a peak across the border!
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 249 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 179 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 139 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 115 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 99 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 89 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11) € 39
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour -this gives enough time to check the weather forecast and cancel if necessary
• Pick-up time is ± 9:00 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Exact pick-up time is communicated the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 10 - 11 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Drive Amsterdam - Ghent is ± 2.5 hrs (one-way)
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Available Monday - Saturday, March - December
• Also available as small public group tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly