Ghent, not as big as Antwerp and less touristy than Bruges. This cozy city is fairly close to the Dutch border and is therefore excellent for a day trip!Tour Description
Start your private experience to the beautiful, medieval city of Ghent in Belgium comfortably, as your guide picks you up around 9 am (depending on your location) from any address south of Amsterdam.
Upon arrival, set off on a 1.5 hr live-guided walking tour in English exclusive for your party, so you can learn about the city and its radiant history. After the walking tour, you have free time to explore the city on your own.
The medieval center of Ghent has some of the best things to do in Belgium and it’s a wonderful city waiting for you to be discovered. You can visit Gravensteen Castle, the only remaining castle in West Flanders with an almost intact defense system, or St Bavo’s Cathedral, noted for the Ghent Altarpiece. This painting is formally known as The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb, the most frequently stolen painting in the world which was featured in the movie Monuments Men. Or you can sit down somewhere and enjoy culinary dishes or go shopping. Then it's time to meet with your guide again for the transfer back to your drop off address.
If preferred, your guide is happy to explore the city with you in your free time!
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Pick-up & drop off in the region
- Professional and friendly guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live-guided walking tour in English
- All taxes (21% sales tax), fees and handling charges
- Opportunity to escape mass tourism with this unique experience
- Pick-up time is around 9:00 am (depends on your location, exact time will be reconfirmed
the day before the tour)
- Duration of the complete tour: 10 to 11 hrs
- Drive from Amsterdam to Ghent is approx. 2.5 hrs
- Experience is tailored to your interests and
- Tour guide is also the driver
- This tour is available Monday - Saturday, all year around
- We also offer Ghentas small public group tour
- 2 Adults (age 12+), per person € 249
- 3 Adults, per person € 179
- 4 Adults, per person € 139
- 5 Adults, per person € 115
- 6 Adults, per person € 99
- 7 Adults, per person € 79
- Children (age 4-11) € 39
- Infants (age 0-3) € 0
- Infant seats available € 0
- Lunch pack optional € 15 p.p.
- Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
- Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we
- 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS or WhatsApp (at least 24 hrs before the tour)
Use the messenger on this page, check our FAQ page or contact us directly.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
Interested in our other private experiences?
Check out our other other private experiences to the flower auction and Kinderdijk!