Private (Group) Experience
Ghent, not as big as Antwerp and less touristy than Bruges. This cozy city is fairly close to the Dutch border and is therefore excellent for a day trip!TOUR DESCRIPTION
Start your private experience to the beautiful, medieval city of Ghent in Belgium comfortably, as your guide picks you and your party up around 9 am (depending on your location) from any address south of Amsterdam.
Upon arrival in Ghent, around noon, set off on a local-guided walking tour of one and a half hours, so you can learn about the city and its remarkable history. After the walking tour, you have free time to explore the city on your own. Everywhere in the city you can find beautiful canal houses and the history is radiant.
You can visit Gravensteen Castle, the only remaining castle in West Flanders with an almost intact defense system, or St Bavo’s Cathedral, noted for the Ghent Altarpiece. This painting is formally known as The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb, the most frequently stolen painting in the world which was featured in the movie ‘Monuments Men’. Or you can sit down somewhere and enjoy culinary dishes, or go shopping. It’s a wonderful city waiting for you to be discovered.
After meeting again with your tour guide around 6 pm, it’s time for the drive back to your drop off address, where you arrive around 8:30 pm (depending on traffic).
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation (Ford Transit)
- Pick-up & drop off
- Professional and friendly tour guide for the day
- Exclusive, local-guided walking tour of 1.5 hrs
- Free time in Ghent for your own discoveries
- Lunch pack
- All fees, taxes and handling charges
- Private experience means escaping mass tourism, flexibility in itinerary and personal service & attention
- Pick-up is around 9 am
- Back at your drop off address around 9 pm
- Drive to Ghent is approx. 3 hrs (1 way)
- Bring your passport or ID card
- 24-hr free cancelation policy