With over 24,000 acres, National Park Weerribben Wieden is the largest contiguous low peat bog area in North-West Europe. A labyrinth of ponds, lakes, ditches, mysterious-looking swamp forests, vast reed plots and flowery meadows; a nursing room for special plant and animal species. Enjoy a day on the water and explore this national park by kayak. There's hardly a better place to discover the beautiful nature that the Netherlands has to offer.Tour Description
As this private experience includes pick-up from any address in the region, you can start your day comfortably. Enjoyment starts already on the way to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque national park Weerribben Wieden. Watch the dutch, 'flat as a pancake' landscape pass by while your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands with you.
Upon arrival at the nature park, the kayaks are waiting to be taken out on the water. Your guide leads the way following a beautiful kayak route through the nature reserve. This area, considered by many as one of the most extraordinary areas in the Netherlands, was created by cutting peat and reed by hand. The peddling is therefore not heavy, as there are no strong currents and wind is blocked by the high treas around the waterways. But since it is your private experience, you decide where you want to go and for how long you want to kayak for. Perhaps you'd like to refresh in the water or relax a bit at one of the many platforms along the waterways.
Since time is not of any issue, you can continue the kayak tour a bit further and stop at one of the authentic establishments for a refreshment. But if that's a bit too much, you can also opt to stop at one of the many farms on the way back to your drop off address. Why not taste a bit of cheese?
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off anywhere in the region
• Professional, friendly guide for the day
• Full day use kayak (1p/2p) or canoe (2p/3p)
• Surprise stop at farm, drink at local establishment or local market (your choice)
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Unique, off-the-beaten track experience - escape mass tourism
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 184 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 132 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 105 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 89 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 79 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 71 p.p.
• Children € 39
• Boxed lunch, € 15 p.p.
• Booking engine closing time: 6 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Start time is adjusted to your actual pick-up location
• Duration of complete tour: ± 7.5 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Available March - October
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly