With over 24,000 acres, National Park Weerribben Wieden is the largest contiguous low peat bog area in North-West Europe. A labyrinth of ponds, lakes, ditches, mysterious-looking swamp forests, vast reed plots and flowery meadows; a nursing room for special plant and animal species. Explore this national park by kayak and continue to Giethoorn, the village without streets or 'Venice of the North', for a boat ride. Perfect as a private day tour with your own family or group of friends!Tour Description
Start your private (group) tour comfortably, as a pick-up and drop off from any address in the provinces of North-Holland, Flevoland, Utrecht, Gelderland and Overijssel is included.
Then, enjoyment starts already in the minivan, when you make your way to the province of Overijssel, home to picturesque Giethoorn and Weerribben Wieden National Park. Watch the dutch, 'flat as a pancake' landscape pass by while your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands with you.
Upon arrival at the nature park, the kayaks are ready to be taken out on the water. Then your guide leads the ‘way’: a beautiful route through the nature reserve. And as it is your private experience, you decide how long the kayak route is.
After the kayak trip, it takes a transfer of 25 minutes to get to Giethoorn, where you have free time to explore the town by foot, take a break, or use your free ticket for a 1hr boat ride through the village canals to experience Giethoorn from the water. After all, it is the mode of transport in Giethoorn in this village with beautiful farm houses along the canals. After a full day of enjoyment in nature and Giethoorn, it's time for the transfer to your drop off address.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off anywhere in the region
• Private guide for 8 hours
• Kayak tour incl. use of kayak or canoe (your preference)
• Boat ride in Giethoorn
• Snack pack-only when booked directly on this website
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Unique, off-the-beaten track experience - escape mass tourism
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 235 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 169 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 134 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 119 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 104 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 99 p.p.
• Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour -this gives enough time to check the weather forecast and cancel if necessary
• Pick-up time around 9:00 - 9:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Duration of complete tour: 8 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Traveler must be able to swim, participation is on own risk
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Available in Spring & Summer
• This tour is also available as small public group tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly