Tulips & Windmills, that's what this tour is all about. Live the tale of an exciting windmill adventure at the world heritage windmills of Kinderdijk and continue to marvellous spring flower park Keukenhof with its 79 acres of flowers.Tour Description
Enjoy the comfort of pick up and drop off from any address in the Randstad region as your private guide picks you up to visit the authentic windmills of Kinderdijk first. There's not a windmill complex like this anywhere else in the world to be found. Kinderdijk is of international value, not only because of the windmills but also because all water management technology from the Middle Ages can be seen here. There are dikes, storage reservoirs, historical windmills and modern pumping stations.
In fact, this ingenious system of windmills and pumping stations has been keeping the soil dry here for nearly a thousand years now, in a constant struggle between human brains and the power of the water. Anyone interested in authenticity should visit Kinderdijk rather than the windmills of Zaanse Schans; from 1961 several buildings were transportated to form Zaanse Schans that is now a popular attraction.
Upon arrival in Kinderdijk, set off on a private guided tour of the area to experience its serenity and importance. Let the skippers of Kinderdijk carry you across the glittering waters of the basins to windmill Nederwaard, where your guide takes you inside to the top to have a look at that innovative historical engineering. Meet the miller and learn about his trade. Ask him anything you'd like to know about milling or about milling life.
Then it's time for the ± 1.5 hr transfer to Keukenhof spring flower park, one of the largest flower gardens in the world. When you're in the Netherlands in Spring, you honestly can't skip a visit to this park. It attracts visitors from all over the world and you'll find out the reason once you're inside. Each year Keukenhof has a different theme and the bulbs are planted in such a way that it corresponds with the theme of that year. Upon arrival in Keukenhof, set off on a private guided orientation stroll, so that you get acquinted with the lay-out of the park. After the stroll your guide sets up a meeting point and time for later, so that you also have the opportunity to explore the park in your own pace by yourself (± three hours).
As you will be in Keukenhof more or less around lunch time (± 1:30-2:00 pm), you are more than welcome to bring your own lunch to the park so that you can find a nice spot in the park's picnic meadow to enjoy your lunch. You can also grab something to eat at one of buffets in the park's many pavilions or add a packed picnic lunch to your booking.
Then, meet with your guide again for the drive back to your drop-off address. You can count on that this day is one for in the books and that you'll talk about it for many years to come!
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off anywhere the Randstad region
• Private guide for the day
• Admission world heritage Kinderdijk, incl boat ride and 1 windmill
• Private guided tour of Kinderdijk
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Skip-the-line admission Keukenhof
• 30 min private guided orientation stroll Keukenhof
• Tailored to your interests & preferences
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 237 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 171 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 139 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 119 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 106 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 49
• Infant € free
• Car seat € free
• Wheelchair at Keukenhof (free)
• Booking engine closing time: 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Price in the booking engine is total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Pick-up time around 9:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Duration of complete tour: 9 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Max group size is 6 travelers
• Traveling solo or as duo? Also available as small public group tour from Amsterdam
• Available daily in Spring
• Tour is tailored to your interests preferences
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly