Visit Rotterdam, an important sea port city located in the province of South Holland that has been the second largest city in the Netherlands for many years. The city is (inter)nationally known as a city of innovative architecture. In May 1940 the city center was heavily bombed, and it was decided to redesign instead of rebuilding the city as it once was. Now, a new city has arisen, full of modern architecture, with according to many the most impressive skyline in the Netherlands and maybe even in Europe.Tour Description
The meeting point for this small public group tour is Amsterdam Central Station. You have the option to add pick-up in Amsterdam to your booking if you find the meeting point too far or too difficult to reach. This way you also have your transportation to and from the meeting point arranged.
The transfer to Rotterdam takes about one hour. Upon arrival, set off on a 1hr, live-guided walking tour in English, exclusive to the small tour group. Pass by the Old Harbor in the Maritime District with its beautiful historical ships and the ‘forest’ of 38 cube-shaped apartments on hexagonal pylons. Have a look inside one of these apartments and see for yourself its architectural oddities. The tour ends at the market hall (Markthal), one of the city’s signature buildings, where you have some free time for your own explorations or to grab a bite.
Meet with your guide again to make the 15-minute transfer to the river. Enjoy a 75-min boat trip through one of the largest seaports in the world; it is the best way to see how water shapes the cityscape of Rotterdam. Be amazed by the impressive skyline with imposing buildings, unique views of yards, docks, the ultramodern handling of thousands of containers, and steamship Rotterdam, the former flagship of the Holland America Line. After the harbor cruise it's time to go back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.
During the harbor cruise, explanations are in English, German and French by DVD-audio system.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Professional, friendly guide
• 1hr walking tour in English
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission cube house
• 75-min harbor cruise
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Escape mass tourism
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 119
• Senior (age 65+) € 109
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 109
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € 10 p.p. (children free)
• Booking engine closing time: 12 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• 9:30 am departure from Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
• Pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam optional
• Pick-up (if booked) is between 8:45 - 9:30 am -exact time is given by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 7 hrs
• Group size: max 7 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with children younger than 8? Check out our private tour to Rotterdam
• Available daily, all year around