Visit Rotterdam, an important sea port city located in the province of South Holland that has been the second largest city in the Netherlands for many years. The city is (inter)nationally known as a city of innovative architecture. In May 1940 the city center was heavily bombed and it was decided to redesign the city instead of rebuilding it as it once was. Now, a new city has arisen, full of modern architecture, with according to many the most impressive skyline in the Netherlands and maybe even in Europe -Frankfurt's skyline 🌇 is amazing too!Tour Description
This small public group tour of maximum four travelers includes hotel pick-up (and drop-off) in Amsterdam, so you can start your day to Rotterdam comfortably. The transfer 🚐 takes about one hour. Upon arrival in the old city center, join your guide for a walking tour , passing by the Old Harbor in the Maritime District with its beautiful historical ships. Walk through the ‘forest’ of 38 cube-shaped apartments on hexagonal pylons, designed by Piet Blom and take a peek inside one of these apartments to check out its architectural oddities. The walking tour ends at the market hall (Markthal), one of the city’s iconic signature buildings, where you have some personal time for your own explorations or to grab a bite.
Meet with your guide again to make the 15-minute transfer to the river. Embark on a harbor cruise and enjoy a 75-min trip through one of the largest seaports in the world; it is the best way to see how water shapes the cityscape of Rotterdam. Be amazed by the impressive skyline with imposing buildings, unique views of yards, docks, the ultramodern handling of thousands of containers, and steamship Rotterdam, the former flagship of the Holland America Line 🚢. After the harbor cruise it's time to go back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.
During the harbor cruise, explanations are in English, German and French by DVD-audio system.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation • Pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam
• Professional, friendly guide
• 1hr walking tour in English
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admission cube house
• 75-min harbor cruise
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• With max four travelers the tour is tailored to your interests
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 119
• Senior (age 65+) € 109
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 109
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € free, just select no pick-up in the booking engine
• Booking engine closing time: 8 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; cancel with just one click, at least 24 hours before the tour, and receive a full refund instantly
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• Pick-up is between 9:00 - 9:30 am -exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 7 hrs
• Group size: max 4 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with children younger than 8? Check out our private tour to Rotterdam
• Available daily, all year around
What our travelers say about this tour