Small (Shared) Group Tour
Visit Rotterdam, an important sea port city located in the province of South Holland that has been the second largest city in the Netherlands for many years. The city is (inter)nationally known as a city of architecture, with many examples of innovative architecture. In May 1940 the city center was heavily bombed, and it was decided to redesign the city instead of rebuilding it as it once was. Now, a new city has arisen, full of modern architecture, with according to many the most impressive skyline in the Netherlands and maybe even in Europe.
At 9:30 am the tour departs from Amsterdam. The transfer to Rotterdam takes about one hour. Upon arrival, set off on a one-hour guided walking tour of Rotterdam, passing by the Old Harbor with its beautiful historical ships in the Maritime District and the ‘forest’ of 38 cube-shaped apartments on hexagonal pylons. The tour ends at the market hall (Markthal), one of the city’s signature buildings, where you have some free time for your own explorations or to grab a bite.
Enjoy some free time, before making the 20-min transfer to the Erasmus Bridge, from where you embark on a boat that takes you through one of the largest seaports in the world. This 75-min harbor tour is the best way to see how water shapes Rotterdam’s cityscape. Be amazed by the impressive skyline with imposing buildings, unique views of yards, docks, the ultramodern handling of thousands of containers, and steamship Rotterdam, the former flagship of the Holland America Line.
Then it’s time for the drive back to Amsterdam, where you arrive around 5:00 pm (depending on traffic). You are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.
- Comfortable air-conditioned transportation
- Professional and friendly guide for the day
- Walking tour of Rotterdam
- Streetcar ticket to the pier
- Harbor boat tour
- All taxes, fees & handling charges
- Unique experience: escape mass tourism with this off-the-beaten track tour
- The tour departs at 9:30 am from Amsterdam Central Station IJzijde, Kiss+Ride West (at the taxi stand on the water-facing side east).
- Pick-up (if booked) is between 9:00 and 9:30 am
- Back in Amsterdam around 5:00 pm
- Duration of the complete tour: 7.5 hours
- Minimum age for participation is 6
- 24-hr free cancelation policy - just drop us a line by email, SMS or WhatsApp at least 24 hours before the tour starts
- This experience is also available as private experience
- Booking cut off time: 12 hours
- Adult (age 12-64) € 119 per person, incl. 21% vat
- Child & Senior € 109 per person, incl. 21% vat
Interested in who we are? Read what our travelers say about our tours!