Rotterdam & the Harbor | private Tour
Visit Rotterdam, an important sea port city located in the province of South Holland that has been the second largest city in the Netherlands for many years. The city is (inter)nationally known as a city of innovative architecture. In May 1940 the city center was heavily bombed, and it was decided to redesign instead of rebuilding the city as it once was. Now, a new city has arisen, full of modern architecture, with according to many the most impressive skyline in the Netherlands and maybe even in Europe.Tour Description
Start your day comfortably, as your tour guide picks you up from any address in the Randstad region. Upon arrival in Rotterdam, set off on a 1hr, live-guided walking tour in English, exclusive for your party. Pass by the Old Harbor in the Maritime District with its beautiful historical ships and the ‘forest’ of 38 cube-shaped apartments on hexagonal pylons. Have a look inside one of these apartments and see for yourself its architectural oddities. The tour ends at the market hall (Markthal), one of the city’s signature buildings, where you have some free time for your own explorations or to grab a bite.
Meet with your guide again to make the 15-minute transfer to the river. Enjoy a 75-min boat trip through one of the largest seaports in the world; it is the best way to see how water shapes the cityscape of Rotterdam. Be amazed by the impressive skyline with imposing buildings, unique views of yards, docks, the ultramodern handling of thousands of containers, and steamship Rotterdam, the former flagship of the Holland America Line. After the harbor cruise your guide brings you back to your drop off address.
During the harbor cruise, explanations are in English, German and French by DVD-audio system.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off in the Randstad region
• Professional and friendly guide
• 1hr live-guided walking tour in English
• Admission Cube House
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• 75-min harbor cruise
• Tailored to your interests and preferences
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Off-the-beaten track experience
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 199 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 159 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 124 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 105 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 91 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 79 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11) € 35
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 12 hrs before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour -this gives enough time to check the weather forecast and cancel if necessary
• Pick-up time is around 9:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Exact pick-up time is communicated the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 7 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Available from March - October
• Also available as small public group tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly