Private Group or Family Tour for 7 people
This 9-hr tour includes a pick up (from any address between Amsterdam and Lauwersoog), so you can comfortably start your tour to Lauwersoog & Pieterburen. With your own group or family (max. 7 people), we drive to the northern coast of the country, a journey taking you through the polders and countryside. If the point of the departure is Amsterdam, the drive would be about two and a half hours.
Depending on the booked day, we drive either first to the harbor of Lauwersoog, or to Pieterburen where the largest seal rescue and rehabilitation center of the Netherlands is located.
At the harbor of Lauwersoog we embark on MS Happy Seal, a boat for max. 25 passengers, to spot seals in their own habitat: the Wadden Sea. The boat trip takes approximately 2 hours. Make sure to bring a pair of binoculars and a camera. And without disturbing nature, let yourself be enchanted by a unique area.
After the boat trip, your tour guide drives you in about 30 minutes to Pieterburen Seal Rescue Center, where seals who are injured, sick or orphaned are rehabilitated and released. You have some free time to explore the visitor’s center on your own, and the 40 min. included guided tour, given by volunteers of the center, takes you behind the scenes. Here you learn more about the daily care of the seals, threats like plastic soup, and about their natural habitat. Then it’s time for the drive back to your destination.
- Supporting seals!
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation (Ford Transit)
- Pick-up & drop off from any address between Amsterdam and Lauwersoog/Pieterburen
- Professional & friendly tour guide for the day
- Two-hour boat safari to spot seals and birds
- Admission to Seal Rescue Center Pieterburen and a 40-min guided tour taking you behind the scenes
- Lunch pack
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Support, spot and meet seals
- See a different side of the Netherlands
- See for yourself why the Wadden Sea is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Healthy choice: nature instead of a city
- Amazing photo opportunities
Interested in other, unique private experiences that involve nature? Explore National Park Oostvaardersplassen with a ranger, an afternoon tour departing. Or go for a full day tour and discover National Park Weerribben by kayak. We offer both small group tours and private group/family tours. Use the messenger button to ask any question(s)!
Book your experience for this unique tour here!