It is not for nothing that Texel is in the Lonely Planet's top 10 list of top experiences in the Netherlands. The island is the largest West Frisian Island in UNESCO’s Wadden Sea, which were created by a catastrophic flood in the Netherlands in 1170. Since then the islands shield the mudflat region of the Wadden Sea from the North Sea. About one third of Texel is a protected nature reserve and ideal for anyone wanting to discover its unspoilt nature and picturesque villages. Perfect as a day trip escaping the city on a hot summer day!Tour Description
Enjoyment starts already in the minivan, when your guide picks you up and you leave the city behind you. Watch the Dutch landscape, that is as flat as a pancake, pass by as your guide shares all sorts of interesting information about the Netherlands with you. Upon arrival in Den Helder, the ferry crossing the peaceful Wadden Sea takes you to Texel. From Amsterdam it takes two hours to get to Texel, including ferry.
Our minivan is taken onboard the ferry, as it is used to get around on the island. The first stop is one of the most famous viewpoints on the island: 'Fonteinsnol'. From the wooden tower you have a beautiful view over the island and forest 'De Dennen'. The tower is located on a dune in the middle of the forest and is easily accessible via a walking path.
Besides a stop in the picturesque village of Den Burg where you have some time to wander around, a stop is also made at a beautiful farmhouse that dates back to 1684. The same family that bought the thatched roofed farmhouse over a century ago turned it into a restaurant back in 1965. Since then they are responsible for the pancakes that are 'world famous on Texel'. Because when you're on the island, you can't miss the typical Texel's Pancake, made with Texel's famous sheep cheese or with any other delicious topping, sweet or savory.
The rest of the hours that are spend on the island of Texel are for you to be filled out. Of course, your guide will give you some excellent recommendations, but based on your interests you decide where you want to spend your time and your guide will take you there. Texel has a lot to offer. What about Ecomare, a rescue center for seals and birds, where you can learn more about about the Wadden Sea World Heritage, the North Sea and Texel and see seals and porpoises. You also get very close to birds, fish and other marine animals.
You can also visit fortress de Schans, a star-shaped fortress that was built by order of William of Orange to protect Texel from the Spaniards. In 1811, Napoleon had the fort enlarged and reinforced with two neighboring fortresses. Or the Command Post in the dunes of Den Hoorn, one of the preserved bunkers on Texel, from where you have an amazing view on the dunes and the North Sea. Other interesting things to do are tastings. Visit an authentic cheese farm or a micro-brewery.
In short, there is plenty to do on the beautiful island! And we let you decide how the day is going to be spend.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam - Utrecht - Almere - Haarlem region
• Your own professional, friendly guide for the day
• Return ticket for the ferry
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Texel's Pancake and locally brewed Texel's Beer (or wine/soft drink)
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Flexibility with itinerary
• Unique experience
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 229 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 168 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 139 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 119 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 109 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 99 p.p.
• Child (4-11), € 49 p.p.
• Infant (0-3), € free
• Infant / child seat(s) € free
• Booking engine closing time: 1 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Pick-up time depends on your location
• Duration of complete tour: 9 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Any admissions are your own cost
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Infant seats available (complimentary)
• Available from March - October
• Only available as private tour
• We also offer e-bike tours on Texel Island
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly