Small Public Group Tour
It is not for nothing that Texel is in the Lonely Planet's top 10 list of top experiences in the Netherlands. The island is the largest West Frisian Island in UNESCO's Wadden Sea, which were created by a catastrophic flood in the Netherlands in 1170. Since then the islands shield the mudflat region of the Wadden Sea from the North Sea. About one third of Texel is a protected nature reserve and ideal for anyone wanting to discover its unspoilt nature and picturesque villages. Perfect as a day trip from Amsterdam!Tour Description
At 9:30 am our white minivan departs from Amsterdam Central Station. You have the option to add hotel pick-up in Amsterdam to your booking, if the station is too far out or too difficult to reach by yourself. This way you also have transportation to and from the meeting point.
Enjoyment starts already in the minivan, as you leave the city of Amsterdam behind you and watch the Dutch landscape pass by, that is as flat as a pancake. Enjoy the interesting narration about the Netherlands by your friendly and professional guide, on the way to the top of the province of North-Holland. Upon arrival in Den Helder, the ferry crossing the peaceful Wadden Sea takes you to Texel. The journey from Amsterdam to Texel takes about two hours total.
Once on the island, the e-bikes are waiting to be taken out. The total route takes about 1.5 to 2 hours (excl. stops) and covers the southern part of the island. Cycle (slowly) among sheep that graze on the Wadden Sea Dyke, as the route leads to a beautiful farmhouse dating back to 1684. The same family that bought the thatched roofed farmhouse over a century ago turned it in 1965 into a restaurant. And since then they are responsible for the pancakes that are 'world famous on Texel', using mostly local products. Because when you're on the island, you can't miss the typical Texel's Pancake, made with Texel's famous sheep cheese or with any other delicious topping, sweet or savory.
The next stop is the picturesque village of Den Burg, where you have some free time to wander around and/or to grab a dessert. The ice cream shop in the village makes their own amazingly delicious ice cream, traditionally made from fresh farmer's milk from the Texel cow. And their sorbet ice cream is packed with fruit. Or spend your free time in the Texel antiquities room, a small museum (in a house built in 1599) that is furnished with Texel's furniture and utensils from the 19th century.
Then it’s time to cycle back to the pier, drop off the e-bikes, embark the ferry and the drive back to Amsterdam. You are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Professional, friendly guide for the day
• Return ticket for the ferry
• E-bike tour incl. use of e-bike
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Texel's Pancake and locally brewed Texel's Beer (or wine/soft drink)
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Unique experience
• Traveler (10+) € 159
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € 10 p.p.
• Available from March - October
• Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour -this gives enough time to check the weather forecast and cancel if necessary
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• Meeting point: 9:30 am Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
• Pick-up (if booked) is between 8:45-9:30 am -exact time is given by 6 pm, the day prior the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 9 hrs
• Route follows 'quiet' bicycle paths. E-bike works the same as a regular bicycle; you cycle but without effort
• Traveler must be able to cycle, participation is on own risk
• Maximum group size is 7 travelers
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Min. age for participation is 10 years. Traveling with younger children? Check out our private tours
• Cycling route too short or too long? Our private experience to Texel is tailored to your preferences.