Small Group (Shared) Experience
Visit Texel, the largest island of the West Frisian Islands in UNESCO’s Wadden Sea and discover its unspoilt nature with an e-bike tour.
About one third of Texel is a protected nature reserve and the ideal island for anyone wanting to get out and about on a bicycle. The island was created by a catastrophic flood in the Netherlands that took place in 1170. Nowadays the islands shield the mudflat region of the Wadden Sea from the North Sea.
Start your day to Texel comfortably as your guide picks you up from your hotel in the city of Amsterdam. Enjoyment starts in the minivan, when you leave the city behind you and make your way to the top of the province of North-Holland; a 2hr-journey, incl. ferry. Watch the Dutch, flat landscape pass by, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands. From Den Helder you take the ferry to Texel, crossing the Wadden Sea.
Upon arrival on the island, the e-bikes are waiting to be taken out! The cycling route of 2.5 hours total covers the southern part of the island, the landscape behind the Wadden Sea Dyke and National Park Dunes, passing through picturesque villages.
Enjoy coffee and cake along the way, and towards the end of the route a typical Texel’s Pancake (try it with Texel’s famous sheep cheese!). Then it’s time to drop off the e-bikes, embark the ferry and the drive back to Amsterdam.
- Unique experience - escape mass tourism with this off-the-beaten track tour
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Hotel pick-up (within city of Amsterdam)
- Return ticket for the ferry
- Full day use of e-bike
- Professional guide for the day
- Coffee/tea & apple pie along the way
- Pancake with Texel's sheep cheese (or other topping) and locally brewed Texel's beer (or wine or softdrink)
- All taxes, fees & handling charges
- Hotel pick-up between 9:00 - 9:30 am
- Drop off between 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Cancel for free up to at least 24 hours before the tour starts
- Travelers must be able to cycle to join this tour
- Participation is on own risk
- This experience is also available as private tour
Interested who we are? Read what our travelers say about our tours!