It is not for nothing that Texel is in the Lonely Planet's top 10 list of top experiences in the Netherlands. The island is the largest West Frisian Island in UNESCO’s Wadden Sea, which were created by a catastrophic flood in the Netherlands in 1170. Since then the islands shield the mudflat region of the Wadden Sea from the North Sea. About one third of Texel is a protected nature reserve and ideal for anyone wanting to discover its unspoilt nature and picturesque villages. Perfect as a day trip from Amsterdam!Tour Description
Enjoyment starts already in the minivan, when your guide picks you up and you leave the city behind you. Watch the Dutch landscape, that is as flat as a pancake, pass by as your guide shares all sorts of interesting information about the Netherlands with you. Upon arrival in Den Helder, the ferry crossing the peaceful Wadden Sea takes you to Texel. From Amsterdam it takes two hours to get to Texel, including ferry.
Once on the island, the e-bikes are waiting to be taken out. The total route takes about 1.5 to 2 hours (excl. stops) and covers the southern part of the island. Cycle (slowly) among sheep that graze on the Wadden Sea Dyke, as the bicycle path leads to a beautiful farmhouse dating back to 1684. The same family that bought the thatched roofed farmhouse over a century ago turned it in 1965 into a restaurant. And since then they are responsible for the pancakes that are 'world famous on Texel', using mostly local products. Because when you're on the island, you can't miss the typical Texel's Pancake, made with Texel's famous sheep cheese or with any other delicious topping, sweet or savory.
The next stop is the picturesque village of Den Burg, where you have some free time to wander around and/or to grab a dessert. The ice cream shop in the village makes their own amazingly delicious ice cream, traditionally made from fresh farmer's milk from the Texel cow. And their sorbet ice cream is packed with fruit. Or spend your free time in the Texel antiquities room, a small museum (in a house built in 1599) that is furnished with Texel's furniture and utensils from the 19th century.
Then it’s time to cycle back to the pier, drop off the e-bikes, embark the ferry and the drive back to your drop off address.
As this is a private experience, we'll let you decide for how long you want to cycle and how much time you'd like to spend somewhere. We will adjust the cycle route accordingly.
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Pick-up & drop off in provinces of North-Holland or Flevoland
- Professional, friendly guide for the day
- Return ticket for the ferry
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Full day use of e-bike
- Texel's Pancake and locally brewed Texel's Beer (or wine/soft drink)
- All taxes (21% sales tax), fees and handling charges
- Flexibility with cycling route and distance, timings and itinerary
- Unique opportunity to escape mass tourism
- Pick-up time around 9:00 - 9:30 am; depends on your location
- Duration of the complete tour: 9 hrs
- Tour guide is also the driver
- This tour is available Monday - Saturday, March - October
- E-bike works the same as a regular bicycle; you cycle but without effort
- The route follows 'quiet' bicycle paths
- Participation is on own risk
- Traveler must be able to cycle
- We also offer Texel as small public group tour
- 2 Adults (age 12+), per person € 249
- 3 Adults, per person € 189
- 4 Adults, per person € 159
- 5 Adults, per person € 139
- 6 Adults, per person € 129
- 7 Adults, per person € 119
Use the messenger on this page, check our FAQ page or contact us directly.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
- Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
- Booking engine closing time: 3 pm, the day before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we
- 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS or WhatsApp, at least 24 hrs before the tour
- Tour will be canceled in case of bad weather such as continious rain or thunderstorms