Private (Group) Experience
Visit Texel, the largest island of the West Frisian Islands in UNESCO’s Wadden Sea and discover its unspoilt nature with an e-bike tour. This is a full day, private experience for max. 7 people, and includes pick-up (& drop off) from any address in the province of North-Holland.
About one third of Texel is a protected nature reserve and the ideal island for anyone wanting to get out and about on a bicycle. The island was created by a catastrophic flood in the Netherlands that took place in 1170. Nowadays the islands shield the mudflat region of the Wadden Sea from the North Sea.
Start your day to Texel comfortably as your guide picks you up. Enjoyment starts in the minivan, when you leave the city behind you and make your way to the top of the province of North-Holland (from Amsterdam it's a 2hr-journey, incl. ferry). Watch the Dutch, flat landscape pass by, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands. From Den Helder you take the ferry to Texel, crossing the Wadden Sea.
Upon arrival on the island, the e-bikes are waiting to be taken out! The cycling route of total two hours covers the southern part of the island, the landscape behind the Wadden Sea Dyke and National Park Dunes. Make a stop in the picturesque village of Den Burg. However, as it is your private (group) tour, we let you decide the cycle route.
Enjoy coffee and cake along the way, and towards the end of the route a typical Texel’s Pancake (try it with Texel’s famous sheep cheese!). Then it’s time to drop off the e-bikes, embark the ferry and the drive back to your drop off address, where you arrive around 6:30 pm (depending on traffic).
- Comfortable air-conditioned transportation
- Pick-up & drop off
- Return ticket for the ferry
- Full day use of e-bike
- Professional and friendly guide for the day
- Coffee/tea and cake along the way in Den Burg
- Pancake and locally brewed Texel's beer (or wine/soft drink)
- All taxes, fees & handling charges
- Unique experience: escape mass tourism with this off-the-beaten track tour
- Private experience means personal service, attention and flexibility with itinerary, incl. cycling distance and route
- Pick-up at 9:30 am, drop off around 6:30 pm
- You have the option to extend the tour and add a 2hr walk with a ranger of State Forestry Service through De Slufter to your tour (€ 299), one of Texel's most precious nature areas. Parts of it are only accessible with a ranger.
- Cancel at least 24 hours before your pick-up time and receive a full refund. Call or just drop us a line by email, SMS or WhatsApp.
- Travelers must be able to cycle to join this tour
- Participation is on own risk
- This experience is also available as shared, small group tour
- 2 - 3 travelers € 225 p.p., incl. 21% vat
- 4 - 5 travelers € 149 p.p., incl. 21% vat
- 6 - 7 travelers € 129 p.p., incl. 21% vat
Interested in who we are? Read what our travelers say about our tours!