Small Public Tour
Discover the quaint fishing villages of Edam and Volendam. Set off on a live-guided walking tour in Edam and be amazed by its radiant history. Continue to famous fishing village Volendam for a guided stroll along the famous dyke. Can't leave Volendam without tasting herring or kibbeling!Tour Description
This small public group tour of maximum four travelers departs from Amsterdam and includes hotel pick-up so that you can start your day to the Dams comfortable. Enjoyment starts when you leave the city behind you and make your way to Edam, as your friendly and professional guide shares interesting information about the Netherlands.
The first stop of the day is Edam, a quaint, red-roofed village in the aptly named region of Waterland. With its rich history, Edam has more to offer than just cheese! What began as a settlement of farmers and fishermen in the 12th century, developed into a prosperous town well into the 17th century. Shipbuilding and cheese were important for this development. Upon arrival, start with a guided walking tour. After the tour you have some personal time for your own explorations, before traveling overland to Volendam.
In Volendam, set off on a guided stroll through the quaint streets to enjoy the view of the small houses, canals and drawbridges. This fishing village has preserved centuries of tradition. Enjoy some personal time before making the transfer back to Amsterdam.
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam
• Professional, friendly guide for the day
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Edam: 45 min live-guided walking tour in English
• Volendam: 1-hr live-guided walking tour in English
• Dutch Snack Pack -only when booked on this website
• All taxes, commissions and handling charges
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 129
• Senior (age 65+) € 119
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 119
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € free, select 'no pick-up' in the booking engine
• Booking engine closing time: 10 hrs before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; click cancel in your booking confirmation and receive a full refund instantly
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• Pick-up starts 30 min before start time -exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 6 hrs
• Max group size is 4 travelers
• Available daily, all year around
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Minimum age for participation is 8 years. Traveling with children younger than 8? Check out our private tour to Edam & Volendam