Small public group tour from Amsterdam
The Netherlands is internationally known for its flowers. Not a surprise, given that our small country controls sixty percent of the global flower trade. This tour, available only from January until April, shows you where the flower industry in Holland starts; at the tulip farms. Here you are shown how farmers in Holland grow and process tulips the traditional way.
At 9:30 am our white minvan departs from Amsterdam Central Station (hotel pick-up in Amsterdam optional) to Heemskerk, where farmers grow and cultivate tulips on large fields and in greenhouses. Professionals in the flower industry, from all over the world, visit these particular farms for their quality tulips. As more tulip factories that grow tulips on crates emerge, the farms that grow tulips the traditional way are slowly dying out. And you have the opportunity to have a look behind the scenes of two of such farms.
Enjoy a live-guided tour in English and visit two traditional tulip nurseries. A minivan is used to transfer between the two farms. Discover how tulips are grown and cultivated using traditional methods in order to get tulips of the best quality. A brief movie about the process of tulip growing process gives you more insight about the industry. Finally, a visit to the sand fields where the tulips are grown makes the tour complete. Then it's time for the transfer back to Amsterdam, where you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.
CoasTulip is a collaboration between several tulip farms. They have only recently started accommodating visitors. Go off the beaten tracks and become one of the first international visitors!Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation from Amsterdam
• Professional, friendly guide
• 2-hr live-guided tour of two tulip farms in English
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Coffee/tea and Dutch snack
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Adult (age 12 - 64) € 89
• Senior (age 65+) € 79
• Child (age 8 - 11) € 79
• Hotel pick-up & drop off in Amsterdam € 10 p.p. (children free)
• Booking engine closing time: 4 hrs before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; for a full refund just drop us a line by email, iMessage / SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hrs before the tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
• 9:30 am departure from Amsterdam Central Station, IJ-zijde, K+R West
• Pick-up & drop-off in Amsterdam optional
• Pick-up (if booked) is between 8:45 - 9:30 am -exact time is given by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 3.5 hrs
• Max. group size is 7 travelers
• Available from January - April
• Tour guide is also the driver