Our small country is internationally known for its flowers. Not a surprise, given that the Netherlands controls sixty percent of the global flower trade. This tour, available only from January until March, shows you where the flower industry in Holland starts; at the tulip farms. Here you are shown how farmers in Holland grow tulips the traditional way.
Start your private experience comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the region to visit two tulip farms, where farmers grow and cultivate tulips on large fields and in greenhouses. Professionals in the flower industry, from all over the world, visit these tulip farms for their quality tulips. As more tulip factories that grow tulips on crates emerge, the farms that grow tulips the traditional way are slowly dying out. And you have the opportunity to have a look behind the scenes of these farms that grow tulips using traditional methods.
Enjoy a 2-hour live-guided tour in English and visit two traditional tulip nurseries. A minivan is used to transfer between the two farms. Discover how tulips are grown and cultivated using traditional methods in order to get tulips of the best quality. A brief movie about the tulip growing process gives you more insight about the industry. Finally, a visit to the sand fields where the tulips are grown makes the tour complete. Then it's time for the transfer to your drop-off address.
The tulip farms have only recently started accommodating visitors. Go off the beaten tracks and become one of the first international visitors!
The drop-off address can be different from the pick-up address. A private exprience is perfect as you also have your transportation included (e.g. to Schiphol Airport).Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Pick-up & drop-off in the region
• Professional, friendly guide
• Tulip Farms: 2-hr guided tour exclusive for your party
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Coffee/tea and Dutch snack
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 2 Adults (age 12+), € 162 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 118 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 97 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 84 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 75 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 69 p.p.
• Child (age 4 - 11) € 34
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 12 hrs before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Pick-up time ± 9:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Duration of complete tour: 3 to 4 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Infant seats available (free)
• Available January - April
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly