Also in 2020 this tour is offered. Fill out the contact form below to receive an update about the dates for 2020. With a small group tour of maximum 15 travelers, you visit tulip farm Annemieke's Pluktuin in Hillegom and the world famous spring flower park Keukenhof in Lisse; both located in the Bulb region of the Netherlands.
Learn all about tulips from farmers Annemieke and Pieter. Get your hands dirty at the farm by picking and pulling your own tulips from the field. Be amazed at Keukenhof by the 7 million flowers!
Enjoyment already starts on the way to Annemieke's Pluktuin. Watch the landscape pass by as you listen to your guide’s narration, which is not only history but also about topical social issues that we're facing in the Netherlands. We want to show you the real side of the Netherlands.
Upon arrival at the tulip farm, you meet tulip farmers Pieter and Annemieke. They'll show you around their farm and tell you all there is to know about tulips. Grab yourself a Dutch coffee or tea and cookie in the meantime! Then it's time to get your hands dirty and walk in their picking-garden, where you get to pull your own 10 tulips from the soil.
Continuing the tour, we drive for half an hour to get to Keukenhof, where your guide provides you with a skip-the-line ticket. You have time to explore the park for over three hours on your own, before heading back to the set meeting point to go back to Amsterdam.
Please note that a lunch package (that you can bring inside the flower park) is included in the price.
- Comfortable transportation
- Informative and interactive narration and discussions in English
- Professional Guide
- Tour Guide Whisper System: easy listening to your guide - if preferred
- Meet farmers Annemieke & Pieter and learn everything about tulips
- Pull your own 10 tulips from the soil at Annemieke’s Pluktuin
- Admission to Annemieke’s Pluktuin and Keukenhof (skip the lines)
- Lunch package, including one bottle of water, a piece of seasonal fruit and a DeLuxe Sandwich
- All gratuities
- Hotel pick-up is offered for €15 per booking / pick-up
- Mini-coach departs at 9 am sharp from the meeting point
- Please be at the meeting point a few minutes prior to check in
- Meeting point is EYE Film Museum (see instructions below)
- Let us know if you have any food allergies.
- Depending on traffic we’ll be back in Amsterdam around 5 pm.
- General Terms & Conditions