Interested in authentic windmills and Royal Blue Pottery? This is the place to be, as this corona-proof private tour for maximum six* travelers explores Kinderdijk first, the location of a group of nineteen windmills that are inhabited by millers and their families. There are a few that are open to the public. Next is Delft, the Royal City of the Netherlands' Founding Father William of Orange. Enjoy a walking tour and a Delft Blue Pottery live-demonstration.Tour Description
Enjoy the comfort of pick-up and drop-off anywhere in the Randstad region to start your tour to Kinderdijk and Delft. Anyone interested in authentic windmills should visit Kinderdijk! Here everything lies below sea level, so to keep our feet dry, millers have been cooperating with the wind and water already for centuries.
Set off on a private guided tour of the area and visit two mills by boat. The view from the boat, all the windmills on a row, is marvellous! Let your guide take you inside one mill and climb the stairs inside to discover how this medieval engineering works. The other windmills are inhabited by millers and their families.
Next is Delft, the Dutch City of William of Orange and of Royal Delft Pottery. Upon arrival, set off on a private guided walking tour and learn about Dutch history and Delft’s role in the Dutch 17th century (controversies addressed). And when in Delft, a short live-demonstration on how Delft Blue is made can't be missed. Enjoy some personal time for your own explorations or to indulge yourself with a delicious apple pie, before meeting with your guide again for the transfer back to your drop-off address.
As this is a private experience, the tour is tailored to your wishes. Go for authenticy and explore the non-beaten paths!
*Until further notice the maximum group size for all our private tours is 6 travelers including children -provided they form one household. The maximum group size in case of two households is 4 travelers
Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Private guide + corona-proof vehicle 🚐 for 8 hours
• Pick-up & drop-off in the Randstad
• Admission world heritage Kinderdijk incl. canal hopper
• Private guided tour of Kinderdijk
incl. two windmills 🇬🇧
• 1-hr private guided tour of Delft 🇬🇧
• 15-min live-demonstration on Delft Blue Pottery 🇬🇧
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly and to maintain social distancing
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• 2 Adults, € 229 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 169 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 134 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 109 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 89 p.p.
• Child (age 4 - 11) € 35
• Infant € free
• Booking engine closing time: 8 pm, the evening before the tour. Too late? Click on the messenger on this page and check if we have availability!
• Price in the booking engine is the total price for all travelers
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; click 'cancel' in your booking confirmation at least 24 hours before the tour and receive a full refund instantly
• Pick-up time is ± 9:30 am, calculated from Amsterdam
• Exact pick-up time depends on your location and preference and is communicated once the pick-up address is know
• Duration of complete tour: ± 8 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Complimentary use of infant seats
• March - November
• Drop-off address can be different from pick-up and there's room for luggage
• Also available as small public tour from Amsterdam
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
Book here your Private Tour to Kinderdijk & Delft
What our travelers say about visiting Kinderdijk with Tulip Day Tours