Flower Auction & Amsterdam Castle | Private Experience
Visit the Royal Flower Auction, Royal FloraHolland, first, where you experience the bustle on the floor, watch traders buy by the clock and be amazed by the enormous amount of beautiful flowers from nearly 50 countries that are traded every day. Continue your explorations and discover the medieval castle of Muiderslot; a real medieval castle, with a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge. This so-well preserved castle is over 700 years old and surrounded by water and beautiful historical gardens.Tour Description
Early in the morning, at 7:00 am, the flower auction starts and we don't want to miss it! As this is a private experience, you can enjoy the comfort of pick-up (and drop off) from any location in the Amsterdam, Haarlem, Zaandam, Utrecht, Almere, Leiden, Hilversum, Amstelveen or Schiphol Airport region (or anywhere in between). Your professional and friendly guide picks you up around 6:30 am, but the exact time depends on your location.
But it's worth to be there early to experience the hustle & bustle of the floor of the flower auction hall! And although nowadays a lot of trading is done online, you still see traders bidding against the auction clock. Enjoy a live-guided tour in English, exclusive for your party, from a special gallery and learn about the flower industry.
After the tour you have some personal time to take pictures or shop at the souvenir shop, before making the 30-45 minute transfer to Muiden, the quaint town where the castle is located. Walk with your guide for 5 minutes along the Vecht river and visit an authentic Dutch 'brown' cafe to enjoy a (included) hot beverage and pie. Then it's time to experience Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle, which has opened by the time we arrive.
This real medieval castle is one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles in the Netherlands. Discover its secrets, with included admission and a live-guided tour exclusive for your party. After the tour you have some personal time to explore the historical gardens on your own, where vegetables from earlier times and herbs for all sorts of purposes are grown. Meet with your guide again for the drive back to to your drop off address, where you are arrive around 12:30 pm.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
• Professional, friendly guide
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly
• Admissions: Royal FloraHolland & Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle
• Flower Auction: live-guided tour in English
• Amsterdam Castle: live-guided tour in English (audio-tour in Spanish, German, Italian, French, Hebrew, Russian and Chinese)
• Traditional 'old brown' cafe experience incl. beverage
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Flexility with timings and itinerary
• 1 Adult (age 12+), € 275 p.p.
• 2 Adults, € 199 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 149 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 127 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 104 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 94 p.p.
• 7 Adults, € 86 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 35
• Infant, € free
• Booking engine closing time: 8 hours before start time. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger at least 24 hours before the tour
• Pick-up is ± 6:30 am. Exact time is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour
• Duration of complete tour: 6 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Experience is tailored to your preferences
• Infant seats available
• Available all year around
• Also available as small public group tour
• Questions? Use the messenger on this page or contact us directly
Book here your private flower auction & castle experience tour
What our travelers say about Muiderslot tours with Tulip Day Tours