Visit the Royal Flower Auction, Royal FloraHolland, first, where you experience the bustle on the floor, watch traders buy by the clock and be amazed by the enormous amount of beautiful flowers from nearly 50 countries that are traded every day. Continue your explorations and discover the medieval castle of Muiderslot; a real medieval castle, with a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge. This so-well preserved castle is over 700 years old and surrounded by water and beautiful historical gardens.Tour Description
Early in the morning, at 7:00 am, the flower auction starts and we don't want to miss it! As this is a private experience, you can enjoy the comfort of pick-up (and drop off) from any location in the Amsterdam, Haarlem, Zaandam, Utrecht, Almere, Leiden, Hilversum, Amstelveen or Schiphol Airport region (or anywhere in between). Your professional and friendly guide picks you up around 6:30 am, but the exact time depends on your location.
But it's worth to be there early to experience the hustle & bustle of the floor of the flower auction hall! And although nowadays a lot of trading is done online, you still see traders bidding against the auction clock. Enjoy a private guided tour in English from a special gallery and learn about the role of the Dutch in the global flower industry.
After the tour you have some personal time to take pictures or shop at the souvenir shop, before making the 30-45 minute transfer to Muiden, the quaint town where the castle is located. Before visiting the castle it is time for a well-needed coffee break. There's no better place to experience typical Dutch culture than in an authentic Dutch 'brown cafe'. And they serve the most delicious coffee! After the coffeebreak you walk with your guide along the Vecht river to the castle, which by then has opened its doors.
This real medieval castle is one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles in the Netherlands. Discover its secrets, with included admission and a private guided tour. After the tour you have some personal time to explore the historical gardens on your own, where vegetables from earlier times and herbs for all sorts of purposes are grown. Meet with your guide again for the drive back to to your drop off address, where you are arrive around 12:30 pm.Interested in who we are?
Read what our travelers say about our tours!
• Private, comfortable and corona-proof transportation
• Private, local guide for 6 hours
• Headsets to hear the guide clearly and to maintain social distancing
• Admission Royal FloraHolland
• 1hr Private guided tour of the flower auction in 🇬🇧 🇳🇱
• Admission National Museum Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle
• 1hr Private guided castle tour in 🇬🇧 🇳🇱
or audio-tour in 🇩🇪 🇮🇹 🇪🇸 🇫🇷 🇷🇺 🇮🇱 🇨🇳
• Traditional 'old brown' cafe experience incl. beverage
• All taxes, fees and handling charges
• Option to customize the experience to your interests and preferences e.g. timings
• 2 Adults, € 199 p.p.
• 3 Adults, € 149 p.p.
• 4 Adults, € 127 p.p.
• 5 Adults, € 104 p.p.
• 6 Adults, € 94 p.p.
• Child (age 4-11), € 35
• Infant, € free
• Booking engine closing time: 8 hours before start time. Too late? Message or WhatsApp us (the buttons on the right) and ask! Perhaps we have availability
• 24-hr free cancelation policy; cancel with just one click and receive a full refund instantly
• Pick-up is ± 6:30 am. Exact time depends on your location and is communicated once we the your pick-up address
• Duration of complete tour: 6 hrs, calculated from Amsterdam
• Tour guide is also the driver
• Experience is tailored to your preferences
• Corona-proof experience
• Complimentary use of child / infant car seat(s)
• Available all year around but weekends and holidays closed
• From June 2021 available again as small public tour departing from Amsterdam
• Questions? Use the messenger or WhatsApp on this page or send us an email!
Book here your private flower auction & castle experience
What our travelers say about Muiderslot tours with Tulip Day Tours