Visit the Royal Flower Auction, Royal FloraHolland, first, where you experience the bustle on the floor, watch traders buy by the clock and be amazed by the enormous amount of beautiful flowers from nearly 50 countries that are traded every day. Continue your explorations and discover the medieval castle of Muiderslot; a real medieval castle, with a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge. This so-well preserved castle is over 700 years old and surrounded by water and beautiful historical gardens.Tour Description
Early in the morning, at 7:00 am, the flower auction starts and we don't want to miss it! As this is a private experience, you can enjoy the comfort of pick-up (and drop off) from any location in the Amsterdam, Haarlem, Zaandam, Utrecht, Almere, Leiden, Hilversum, Amstelveen or Schiphol Airport region (or anywhere in between). Your professional and friendly guide picks you up around 6:30 am, but the exact time depends on your location.
But it's worth to be there early to experience the hustle & bustle of the floor of the flower auction hall! And although nowadays a lot of trading is done online, you still see traders bidding against the auction clock. Enjoy a live-guided tour in English, exclusive for your party, from a special gallery and learn about the flower industry.
After the tour you have some free time to take pictures or shop at the souvenir shop, before making the 30-45 minute transfer to Muiden, the quaint town where the castle is located. Walk with your guide for 5 minutes along the Vecht river and visit an authentic Dutch 'Old Brown Cafe' to enjoy a (included) cup of coffee, tea or hot coco and pie. Then it's time to experience Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle, which has opened by the time we arrive.
This real medieval castle is one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles in the Netherlands. Discover its secrets, with included admission and a live-guided tour exclusive for your party. After the tour you have some free time to explore the historical gardens on your own, where vegetables from earlier times and herbs for all sorts of purposes are grown. Meet with your guide again for the drive back to to your drop off address, where you are arrive around 12:30 pm.
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Pick-up & drop off anywhere in the region
- Professional and friendly guide
- All admissions: Royal FloraHolland & Amsterdam Castle
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live-guided tour of the flower auction in English
- Live-guided tour of the castle in English
- Audio-tour of the castle available in German, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, Hebrew and Chinese
- Coffee, tea of hot coco and pie at brown cafe
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Opportunity to escape mass tourism with this unique experience
- Private experience means flexibility with itinerary and timings
- Pick-up time is around 6:30 am (depends on your location, exact time will be reconfirmed after booking)
- Duration of the complete tour: 6 hours
- Infant seats available, let us know during check-out if you need any
- Tour guide is also the driver
- This tour is also available as small public group tour
- 1 Adult (age 12 - 64) € 275
- 2-3 Adults, per person € 149
- 4-5 Adults, per person € 84
- 6-7 Adults, per person € 74
- Child (age 4-11) € 35
- Infant (age 0-3) Free
- Booking engine closing time: 12 hours before the tour. Too late? Contact us, perhaps we
- 24-hr free cancelation policy; just drop us a line by email, SMS, WhatsApp or messenger (at least 24 hours before the tour)
to let us know you aren't joining
- The flower auction is closed in the weekends and during the holidays
Use the messenger on this page, check our FAQ page or contact us directly.Interested in turning this half-day tour in a full day tour?
Check out our other private tours that visit the Flower Auction and Amsterdam Castle!